What's new

XBOX snowboarding game - need opinions (1 Viewer)

Kevin_W

Second Unit
Of:

SSX Tricky
Amped
Dark Summit
ESPN: Xgames Snowboarding

or maybe one I missed, which would you recommend? I really want a snowboarding game, just too many to choose from.

Thanks in advance
Kevin

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
I'd say go with Tricky or Amped. Both received good reviews. Amped takes a bit of a realistic approach, but not totally. Tricky is full out arcade action. My personal preference is for Tricky since I like the high flying and wild action.

The IGN scores for each game:

SSX Tricky: 9.0
Amped: 8.5
Dark Summit: 7.9

I don't think IGN has reviewed the ESPN game yet, but Gamespot gave it a 6.5.

Aaron

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
Amped is pretty fun. It's pretty similar to tony hawk and has the added bonus of being able to use your own music, and the game already has a HUGE soundtrack.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
I love Amped, but you may want to hold out for Transworld Snowboarding. That one looks fantastic, but I think it's still a few months out...

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
I'll put in my word for Amped too, I don't usually like games like this, but Amped has me hooked.

Dean

LowellG

Stunt Coordinator
I like the free and open areas of Amped, but I too would wait and see what Transworld Snowboarding is going to look like. If it's no good, buy Amped since it can already be picked up used for cheap.

P.S. Snowman hunting with surround sound is great.
"Hey, Amigo"

ChrisV

Second Unit
Well, your thread title asks for opinions, so here's my uneducated (I've only played the demo of Amped) opinion:
You can't go wrong with Tricky, it's a kickass snowboarding game.

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
My vote goes to Amped, we rented this game way back when and ended up buying it because it was so much fun. Also, it has widescreen support for HDTV owners.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Amped. It rocks. Took me a little bit to get used to...but I'm totally addicted to it. :D

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
I have SSX Tricky for PS2 and I can't get enough of it. I'd say pick it up, but I've heard that the trick selection is a bit scaled back on the XBox due to controller differences (2 shoulder buttons instead of 4).

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
A CD soundtrack couldn't fit all the songs, I think there are like 40 or 50 of them or is it like 200? I can't even remember. I don't listen to it since I can burn my own songs into the game unlike SSX Tricky.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks