What's new

XBOX - DVD - LCD Connection question (1 Viewer)

Hi folks!

I have a technical question regaurding Hooking up both an XBOX with the HD pack and progressive scan DVD player to an LCD projector (Sanyo XW-15) with only one set of component inputs. Is there a affordable AV switch the does HD component input/output or should I go and buy some Y-cables at Radioshack. If I go the radioshack route, will buying Y-cable/spitters degrade the signal?

Thanks for you replys and help!

John S

Senior HTF Member
How many component video devices are you wanting to be able to switch to one input? This about this for the long term.

Justin_T

Stunt Coordinator
I'd go with 3 or 4 to be safe. Just when you get two taken care of, you'll need a 3rd. ;) BUT, do they make such a beast?

Mike-C

Grip
I had the same problem when I got my new Hitachi TV. It has two component inputs but I had three component devices (Xbox, HD digital cable box, and DVD)

I ended up connecting my Xbox with S video, since I already had the cable. I didn't notice any significant difference between the component HD pack and S video so I didn't have to buy a video switcher.

But at the time I did do some research on component switchers.

There is the JVC JXS111 HD for about $100. You can find it on Amazon, Crutchfield.com and a bunch of other sites.

Zektor.com has two different models. A four input/one out and four input/two out. They are $299 and $499 respectively

If you do a search at Yahoo for "component video switcher" you'll find a bunch of links that should prove helpful.

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks