XBOX - DVD - LCD Connection question

Discussion in 'Displays' started by George Banks, Dec 22, 2003.

1. George Banks

George Banks Extra

Hi folks!

I have a technical question regaurding Hooking up both an XBOX with the HD pack and progressive scan DVD player to an LCD projector (Sanyo XW-15) with only one set of component inputs. Is there a affordable AV switch the does HD component input/output or should I go and buy some Y-cables at Radioshack. If I go the radioshack route, will buying Y-cable/spitters degrade the signal?

Thanks for you replys and help!

2. John S

John S Producer

How many component video devices are you wanting to be able to switch to one input? This about this for the long term.

3. George Banks

George Banks Extra

Two...the DVD player and the XBOX

4. Justin_T

Justin_T Stunt Coordinator

I'd go with 3 or 4 to be safe. Just when you get two taken care of, you'll need a 3rd. [​IMG] BUT, do they make such a beast?

5. Mike-C

Mike-C Extra

I had the same problem when I got my new Hitachi TV. It has two component inputs but I had three component devices (Xbox, HD digital cable box, and DVD)

I ended up connecting my Xbox with S video, since I already had the cable. I didn't notice any significant difference between the component HD pack and S video so I didn't have to buy a video switcher.

But at the time I did do some research on component switchers.

There is the JVC JXS111 HD for about $100. You can find it on Amazon, Crutchfield.com, and a bunch of other sites.

Zektor.com has two different models. A four input/one out and four input/two out. They are $299 and $499 respectively

If you do a search at Yahoo for "component video switcher" you'll find a bunch of links that should prove helpful.

Good luck