What's new

X1 Blurrrrr ??? (1 Viewer)

Robert

Grip
I have now installed my ht.
The only problem is that I am not as happy as I thought I
would be with the pic.The pic seems to be blurry (fuzzy).
Pictures will follow in the near future......

My X1 is 12.5ft away from a screen. I did not buy the screen new it was used.
I am using the s-video port on the X1, to display
Sony prog. scan dvd and a xbox as well as DTV. Everything seems to have a blurr.

When u fire up xbox the words seem to be "out of focus". I have tried to focus to no avail.
I ordered a vesa adapter from Infocus, thinking that this would take care of the fuzzyness. After hooking everything up using the comp. in port on the x1 all I got from x1 was a blue screen. (Infocus tech say's that the dvd is not prog. scan, the user manual says it is)Sooo I hooked up my xbox. I got a xbox to compoment video breakout cable ran Monster component cables betwenn the xbox and x1.......blue screen.

What is wrong with my setup?? Any comments would be appreciated. The picture is not "bad"...but I would like
it to look like HD. This should be possible, right???

My equipment:

Onkyo TX-SR702E reciever
Onkyo SKS-HT520 speakers
Sony Prog. scan DVD
Microsoft X-box
DirectTV reciver
10x8 glass particle screen
Monster component cable

:) :)

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
Robert

It sounds like you may have a defective unit. I have never had a focus problem with my X1. It is as clear as can be. I am also at about 12' and it has no problems with focusing even at the largest size.

I run my X-box through the s-video without any problems as well. You might call Infocus and see what they think.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Your DVD player, and xbox, using component video need to be set to progressive scan. Many are not by default.

On the blurryness... There has to be an answer, and that may be some sort of defect in your display.

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor
Possibly your glass screen (beads to big)? Do you get the same fuzzines just shooting onto a wall?

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Robert, progressive scan only works on X1 thru the VGA input(you need the VGA/component adapter). If you hook up DVD player to S-video input of X1, you need to set DVD player to interlaced mode(You will also get a better picture this way). This may sound stupid, but are you sure you're using the focus ring and not the zoom ring?

Benson R

Supporting Actor
The xbox is tricky to get into progressive mode with the x1. You should hook up the xbox with the hi def box with only the black and white portion connected to the composite input on the x1. Use that to enable the hidef modes on the xbox. Then connect all parts of the component input to the vga to component adapter cable, set the x1 to computer and all should be fine. As far as bluriness are you sure you are using the focus correctly. It may require a fine touch to get it just right. I usually enter the picture menu on the x1 to adjust the focus so the edges of the text box are as sharp as can be.

Ralph B

Supporting Actor
personally I always thought the s-video DCDI processing input gave a soft type of blur effect to the picture. didnt like it.

computer input is far better in 480p or even better a HD upscale dvd player or HDTV signal via computer input.

I always thought my xbox and dvd player looked too soft via the s-video input.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
it could be just the fact you're blowing up a picture so huge... you cant expect the picture to be razor sharp...

I know with my Xbox, when i used the S-video connection before i got the HD pack it was always blurry, as if it was out of focus... same story with Satellite TV.

But when i got the HD pack, or when I use my Upconverting DVD player feeding a 1080i signal, edges are much sharper and precise.

With the DVD player, you may have to actualyl SET (either software, or sometimes a hardware switch on the back of the unit) to switch on progressive scan.

With Xbox, the dashboard originally is not at 480p, it displays at 480i. To get the 480p dashbaord you gotta hook it up to the internet, download the update (no need for XBL subscription), and once done, press in both analog sticks to switch to 480p. It takes awhile for the X1 to sync to the Xbox's 480p signal though, i find.

Robert

Grip
All righty then....
Thanks to all for all the gr8 replys.
Surely there is something in the replys that will
solve my problem...and who knows.. maybe it is a defective
unit!!
thanks to all who replied..
I'll let u know>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ralph B

Supporting Actor
does not sound defective to me. take the last 2 replies with alot of thought.

try the computer input and then make a decision if it is defective or not. my bet is it is npt and you are just experiencing the same as nickso and I.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Actually yeah try hooking up the X1 to a computer... wiht a computer at 800x600 and the X1 projecting at 800x600 it shoudl be razor clear, each pixel should be one pixel on the projector and should not 'blur' out.

If through the projector its razor sharp and clear then most likely its just the fact you're blowing up a low-def low-detail image to large sizes thats making it blurry.

Robert

Grip
Okey Dokey then....

I hooked up a computer...crystal clear....
Shot image on wall...blurry....
So i called Infocus and talked to tech support.
they had me try this and try that and finally
he had me go into "settings,about" on the x1.
there you could actually watch the x1 "searching the inputs for signal. With the DTV receiver powered up on s-video
we got signal on s-video, when i pulled the plug on s-video
we got nothing on computer.
Thus the problem seems to be with the vesa adapter. I will
be getting a new one ASAP. This should solve the problem !!
Thanks again to all who responded !!! This site is gr8
I'll let you know...

Ralph B

Supporting Actor
did you manually select computer input ? I know mine does not automatically detect a signal everytime.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Ralph,
that's strange that yours doesn't always auto-detect, mine does everytime without fail and i've gone through two of them. My original one had a loud color wheel issue, so InFocus replaced the whole projector.

Robert,
good luck, I hope you get it all sorted out, the X-1 really is a wonderful machine, it's sad that your first experience with it wasn't up to par.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks