What's new

X-men : First Class sequel officially returning (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen Brooks
I read recently that DOFP may end up being the most expensive comic book movie ever made, and the second most expensive movie Fox has ever made (after Avatar).If this is even remotely true, they are taking a massive risk. This will have to take in over $600 million just to break even. None of the other X-Men movies have come anywhere close to that. And Bryan Singer doesn't exactly have the best record when it comes to big-budget tentpole movies, with Superman Returns barely breaking even and Jack the Giant Slayer being a massive flop. As excited as I am for this movie, I'm also very nervous....and I'm not even an investor.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Yeah, I've heard them say that a few times ... Fox's most expensive movie after Avatar. I really hope it is more X2/First Class/The Wolverine and less X3/Origins: Wolverine. Fox must think it is going well because they are already planning the next X-Men film "Apocalypse" also to e directed by Singer.

Freddie Z

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Freddie Zaragoza
Well, I couldn't resist. ordered the Mystique cover...
http://www.empireonline.com/xmen/

Be_PpFHIQAEdfQg.jpg_large.jpeg

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I wish they could all be naked blue girls, but anyway here's some more.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
There's a Rogue cover even though she's reportedly been edit out of the movie.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I recently upgraded the first three X-Men movies to blu-ray and re-watched them. The first two are great, especially the second. The third film, while much derided, was actually better than I remember. I hadn't seen it since it came out ('06? '07?). It's not a good movie by any means, but it wasn't the complete mess I remembered. That said, I am hopeful that Days of Future Past will undo many of the things that X3 got wrong, like the deaths of Xavier and Scott. I'm less concerned about the trivial inconsistencies (Xavier walking in the beginning of X3, yet in a wheelchair at the end of First Class, etc.).

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Well, we already know that they have Xavier alive even before the time traveling shenanigans begin. I do hope that the events leave things with an altered timeline established going forward so that Scott and Jean can be used in future films.

The handling of Scott's character in the first three films is a damn shame. He was given the shaft in the first two, but rumor was that Singer's X3 would have had him and Jean center stage. Unfortunately we got Ratner's X3 instead.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
And just as in XM:FC, and pretty much all current Fox X-movies....who the heck are Blink and Warpath?? :wacko:
(Sunspot, I sort of know, but it's been a while, and he doesn't look anything like it.)

Still, though, Sentinels are looking pretty good.

Freddie Z

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Freddie Zaragoza
First Anna Paquin's Rogue now there's a report that Halle Berry's Storm is pretty much on the cutting room floor. Her scenes were already cut short due to her pregnancy at the time but how it looks like she basically makes a a one scene cameo.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
That's a great trailer. Looking forward to this probably most of all this summer.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I have my doubts about this movie because of the Humber of characters but, that trailer looks really good.
Freddie Z said:
now there's a report that Halle Berry's Storm is pretty much on the cutting room floor.
This is one rumor I wouldn't mind being true. I'm not a Halle Berry fan and I think her Storm is one of the worst characters in the series.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Singer has debunked the rumor that Storm will be cut from the film. I also wouldn't mind if she was, since I'm not a Halle Berry fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks