What's new

X-10 camera ads and the voyerism angle (1 Viewer)

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Is it just me, or do those X-10 pop up ads (probably one of the most common pop-up ads on the whole internet) seem to really be playing a voyerism angle. I mean its like they pan up and down a guys living room or pool area and then the frame changes and they're panning up and down som scantily clad 20 year old girl. Man, what market are they shooting for?

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Hehehehe.
Ya I know what you mean. I see these all the time and I wonder where they are going with it.
Those sick bastards.
:D

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Just saw this after I left the "Killer Fish" thread.
From the X10 ad.Link Removed
"Now avalible for Home Use Too!" :laugh:
"Broadcast Live color video directly to your TV, VCR, or PC!"
:laugh:

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
how bout that guy drowing in the pool of water popup-ad :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: CCDC I believe it says at the top

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, those annoying ads definitely play up the voyeurism angle, and seem to encourage the use of the cameras as a way to spy on pretty girls. Of course, they don't SAY that, all the text talks about is "home surveillance"...

/Mike

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Doesn't matter. The cameras are such poor quality, you're going to have a heck of a time getting off on what you see. Honestly, anyone who bought them for voyeristic purposes would be sorely disappointed.

"Ohhh, look at that hot girl."
"Uh, what hot girl?"
"Oh, you see that blurry white/pink thing in the center of the screen? That's her breast."
"Dude, that's a rabbit hopping across your yard."
"Oh."

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Sort of falls into the class of the old X-Ray Specs they sold in the back of comic books then. Sigh. What are voyeurs to do? ;)

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Yaknow I was thinking of starting this same topic not too long ago.

I loved the one that said "We never told you to do that!" and they show the backside of a naked woman.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks