What's new

WTB: Your Bestbuy receipt for Panasonic DVD-RP56U-K (1 Viewer)

jin-ho

Second Unit
Does anyone have a Bestbuy receipt dated less than
one month for the Panasonic DVD-RP56U-K paid by
cash or GC?

I recently got one but lost my receipt.

Will compensate handsomely.

Thanks.

Jon_H

Stunt Coordinator
do you just need to exchange it or actually return it for money back?

jon

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
If you know the store, date and register you were at to purchase.... the store manager should be able to get you your reciept.

I know I had a hell of a time when I tried to return a damaged Tosh player at a bb. The manager said he'd extend the 30 day period to give me more time to track down the reciept. I was able to find it in the week following.

Or is there more to this problem?

jin-ho

Second Unit
Thank you for the replies.

I am hoping to return it for a refund.

Actually, I just missed the 30 days return/exchange date by a few days. I was hoping to return it, but lost count of days when my baby was admitted to a hospital for an operation. It should have been a two nighter, but the surgeon made a mistake and had to re-operate, thus prolonging the stay to a week.

I know in a way it is unethical, and I tried to plead to the store manager, but in vain.

BTW, Is a certain item, such as a dvd player, traceable to a unique receipt or can any receipt do?

Robert Mee

Agent
Sorry about your predicament. The panny RP56 is a very popular DVD player right now, especially in the Front Projector arena. It's a solid performer and has the Faroudja chipset, making it a great value for the buck. Lots of people have been buying these, so if you are unable to return it, you'll likely be able to get most of your money back out of it. You might try selling it here or on AVS.

BTW, You can return items to Best Buy without a receipt. I did this with a DVD. They'll take your driver's license # (to make sure you are not a repeat offender), and give you store credit for the lowest price the item sold for in the last 90 days.

Good Luck

Kevin_W

Second Unit
BTW, Is a certain item, such as a dvd player, traceable to a unique receipt or can any receipt do?
Make sure the serial number isn't printed on the reciept. A reciept I have here for my SD4700 has the serial number printed right on it.

Jason Caudill

Stunt Coordinator
They do not track by serial number just their sku #. Like has been mentioned before just have them do a no receipt return and they will give you a store credit (it's better than nothing). You can use it for dvd's, cd's, etc. if you already have another dvd player. If you get a reciept that was paid by gift card they will credit you a gift card.

jin-ho

Second Unit
Thanks again.

As mentioned, I tried to return it for store credit, but my local Bestbuy is very strict about possessing a receipt.

They wouldn't even let me exchange a dvd without a receipt!

Perhaps, I can try another Bestbuy nearby.

Thanks.

BTW, I am still searching for a receipt... :)

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Tell them it was a gift and you that you do not have a receipt. That has worked for me in the past, never tried it at Best Buy though!

Best of luck!

Jason Caudill

Stunt Coordinator
If the store is giving you that much trouble just ask to talk to the general manager. If they are of no help ask for the number to consumer relations, that tends work sometimes.

Dan Seliger

Stunt Coordinator
Or ask the store manager for the regional managers name and phone number, that might get his attention.

Best Buy really sucks on returns/exchanges...I have quit shopping there becase they have given me a hard time on returns/exchanges in the past. If you are 1 day over that 30 days then its just too bad they wont seem to budge no matter what.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Hate to say this but,If the store manager is being that nasty in your case especially with the problems you had with your baby & if you can find out that they don't check by serial number go buy another one for "CASH" & then return the old one & get your money back. Just tell them you got another one as a gift & you want your money back.Hope your baby is OK now that's a shame.

jin-ho

Second Unit
Guys,

Thanks for the support. The baby is doing fine now.

Bill Balcziak,

I am sorry you feel that way about some of the responses,
but they were just trying to help.

Pls forgive me for starting this thread. By no means was I trying to lie my way into returning the dvd player. I was just asking for a way around it.

Sincerely,

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor
My point, Jin-ho, was that your story should be compelling enough to get a manager to grant you a refund. I'm happy to hear you're not going to resort to other means to get a refund.

Please remember that it's the liars and cheats who cause retailers to enact restrictive policies that make it harder for all of us to return purchases. Believe me, the people who suggested you lie aren't helping anybody.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Believe me, the people who suggested you lie aren't helping anybody.
Neither is that idiot manager who refuses to take a return. Everything Best Buy does is by computer. They have records of every transaction, and they can damn well look things up for people. They simply don't want to.

I bought a DVD at Costco many months ago. Played it once, went to watch it again a couple of months after purchase and it wouldn't play. There was nothing visibly wrong with it. No scratches, no other problems, it just refused to play. I had my receipt, but it was past the return date, and the studio was of ZERO help. The person I managed to get ahold of thought I was an idiot for even asking if I could trade it for another. I didn't break this thing: It was defective.

So, I went back to Costco, bought another copy (which, thankfully, they still had), and returned the first one as defective using my new receipt.

I suppose this makes me a liar and a cheat, too. So be it. Until American businesses remember what the words "Customer Service" really mean, I suppose I'll have to lie and cheat to avoid getting ripped off.

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
I suppose this makes me a liar and a cheat, too. So be it. Until American businesses remember what the words "Customer Service" really mean, I suppose I'll have to lie and cheat to avoid getting ripped off.
In the words of the immortal Stuart Scott

BOO YA

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Ryan,

Everything Best Buy does is by computer. They have records of every transaction, and they can damn well look things up for people.
Well, at Best Buy they usually do not take people's name and address. So without a receipt how exactly would they look this information up?

I used to work for Radioshack many years ago and yes they take names and address for advertising. But they also serve to make it easier for the employee to look up past receipts. I think you exaggerate the ability of Best Buy to look up "every transaction" just a bit.

And as for the DVD not playing after several months, well...that's just tough luck. It was not defective since it did work previously. And there are no "90 day warranties" on dvd discs, sorry. I'm not saying you shouldn't be pissed at the situation, but I completely disagree with your solution.

Dan Hine

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
When you buy most software you are not paying for the actual product, but more a license to use that content.

I firmly believe any software maker should be required to replace a defective product for the cost of that replacement.

If they can make it illegal for me to even make a backup copy of it, then I can feel no shame in keeping a working copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks