What's new

WTB: AC-3 RF Demodulator or DD processor with AC-3 RF input/digital output (1 Viewer)

Jay Sylvester

Supporting Actor
My first post here :)
I just picked up a brand new Pioneer CLD-79, so I need an RF demodulator to hook it up to my Onkyo TX-DS797. I'm not particularly attached to any brand as long as it's like new in both function and appearance. I'd also consider a Dolby Digital processor with an RF input and digital output if the price is right, even though it's a lot more than what I need. Demodulators seem to be tough to find though, so I'm trying not to be too picky.
Please post here or e-mail me if you have one available or know where I can get one. I can pay via PayPal, c2it, or money order, whatever is best for you.

JerryW

Supporting Actor
Gregg Loewen has demods and can hook you up with a good price. He's an administrator here on HTF and completely honest and trustworthy. You can email him here: [email protected]

Jay Sylvester

Supporting Actor
Thanks man. I just sent him an e-mail.

Jay; you might want to give ebay a try. Some can be had pretty cheap there.

Stephen T.
I've been watching ebay like a hawk. I was goofing off in a chat room and missed the closing of one auction last night for a Yamaha APD-1. Brand new in box; ended at ~$150. There's a Lexicon on there right now, but it's already at $250 and there's one day left in the auction. I'm looking to spend no more than $200 if I can help it. I'm just now getting into LDs, so I'm not sure if I'm going to have enough Dolby Digital discs in my collection to justify spending $300-$400 on a demodulator.

JerryW

Supporting Actor
Greg sells his for $150, I think. I bought one from him and it works like a charm.

Rich Strauss

Stunt Coordinator
Jay,

YGM.

I have a Pioneer RFD-1 demoulator for sale for $200. It has one AC-3 RF input as well as one coaxial digital input & one optical digital input. It has one optical digital output & one coaxial digital output. The beauty of this design is that you only need to use one digital input on your receiver or pre/pro. You connect the AC-3 RF from your CLD-79 to the RFD-1 & you connect either the coaxial digital out or the optical digital out from the CLD-79 to the RFD-1. The RFD-1 automatically uses the AC-3 RF signal if it is present and demodulates it into a standard Dolby Digital bitstream. If no AC-3 RF is present it uses the other digital input. It sends the whichever signal it detects to both the optical & coaxial digital outputs. So it acts as an automatic switcher and possibly a coaxial to optical or coaxial to optical converter.

The unit is functionally & cosmetically excellent.

Some demodulators like the Sony and I believe the Yamaha, only have an AC-3 RF input & a digital output, so you have to use 2 inputs on your receiver or pre/pro.

Last time I looked the Pioneer demodulator went for $220 or so on eBay.

I have a verified PayPal account. My username on eBay is rich.st. I have 136 positives with no neutrals & no negatives.

Regards, Rich

Chris Sherman

Second Unit
I have kenwood Dem-999 demodulator . Pefect condition I would sell for $125.00 . I paid $150.00 for it new, so I'm not trying to profit on this one. I also have 2 laserdisc players for sale a cld-604 works and looks great for $150.00 and a cld-503 with the AC3 mod installed. This one is mechanically perfect but has a very tiny nick on the right front of the case, barely noticeable and does not affect performance in any way. Very nice AC3 capable player
$125.00 . I have original paperwork and remotes for both players. I accepy paypal . My ebay id id [email protected]. Email me at that address if you have any questions.
Thanks,
Chris

Jay Sylvester

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the responses everyone.

I decided to go with Rich's RFD-1 because it's a perfect match for my CLD-79.

Now I just need to find a place that sells discs at a reasonable price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks