WTB: AC-3 RF Demodulator or DD processor with AC-3 RF input/digital output

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay Sylvester, Jan 28, 2002.

1. Jay Sylvester

Jay Sylvester Supporting Actor

My first post here [​IMG]
    I just picked up a brand new Pioneer CLD-79, so I need an RF demodulator to hook it up to my Onkyo TX-DS797. I'm not particularly attached to any brand as long as it's like new in both function and appearance. I'd also consider a Dolby Digital processor with an RF input and digital output if the price is right, even though it's a lot more than what I need. Demodulators seem to be tough to find though, so I'm trying not to be too picky.
    Please post here or e-mail me if you have one available or know where I can get one. I can pay via PayPal, c2it, or money order, whatever is best for you.
    Thanks [​IMG]

2. Stephen Teffner

Jay; you might want to give ebay a try. Some can be had pretty cheap there.

Stephen T.

3. JerryW

JerryW Supporting Actor

Gregg Loewen has demods and can hook you up with a good price. He's an administrator here on HTF and completely honest and trustworthy. You can email him here: [email protected]

4. Jay Sylvester

Thanks man. I just sent him an e-mail.

5. JerryW

JerryW Supporting Actor

Greg sells his for $150, I think. I bought one from him and it works like a charm.

6. Rich Strauss

Rich Strauss Stunt Coordinator

Jay,

YGM.

I have a Pioneer RFD-1 demoulator for sale for $200. It has one AC-3 RF input as well as one coaxial digital input & one optical digital input. It has one optical digital output & one coaxial digital output. The beauty of this design is that you only need to use one digital input on your receiver or pre/pro. You connect the AC-3 RF from your CLD-79 to the RFD-1 & you connect either the coaxial digital out or the optical digital out from the CLD-79 to the RFD-1. The RFD-1 automatically uses the AC-3 RF signal if it is present and demodulates it into a standard Dolby Digital bitstream. If no AC-3 RF is present it uses the other digital input. It sends the whichever signal it detects to both the optical & coaxial digital outputs. So it acts as an automatic switcher and possibly a coaxial to optical or coaxial to optical converter.

The unit is functionally & cosmetically excellent.

Some demodulators like the Sony and I believe the Yamaha, only have an AC-3 RF input & a digital output, so you have to use 2 inputs on your receiver or pre/pro.

Last time I looked the Pioneer demodulator went for $220 or so on eBay.

I have a verified PayPal account. My username on eBay is rich.st. I have 136 positives with no neutrals & no negatives.

Regards, Rich

7. Chris Sherman

Chris Sherman Second Unit

I have kenwood Dem-999 demodulator . Pefect condition I would sell for $125.00 . I paid $150.00 for it new, so I'm not trying to profit on this one. I also have 2 laserdisc players for sale a cld-604 works and looks great for $150.00 and a cld-503 with the AC3 mod installed. This one is mechanically perfect but has a very tiny nick on the right front of the case, barely noticeable and does not affect performance in any way. Very nice AC3 capable player
    $125.00 . I have original paperwork and remotes for both players. I accepy paypal . My ebay id id [email protected] Email me at that address if you have any questions.
    Thanks,
    Chris

8. Stephen Teffner

Man see how everything works out! [​IMG]

9. Jay Sylvester

Thanks for the responses everyone.

I decided to go with Rich's RFD-1 because it's a perfect match for my CLD-79.

Now I just need to find a place that sells discs at a reasonable price.