What's new

Would you buy similar BRAHMA for $250+shipping (1 Viewer)

farnamT

Agent

How many people would pay $250 + shipping for a BRAHMA except (not from adire) but basically the same sub with same specs.

Mark Seaton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark Seaton
Thomas,

It is true that Adire has liscenced the XBL^2 technology to Destijl Engineering (formerly FRC). Of course I presume Adire has some input as to who gets to use the technology if they don't believe some avenue follows in the proper spirit. As for the performance, it sounds like farnamT is talking about the equivalent of the home theater driver that has been discussed by Adire on this forum, where I believe they are looking at Xmax into the 32-36mm range.

farnamT,

Beware of how you plan to support this product, as I hope it wouldn't be just riding the coat-tails of Adire. It's easy for someone to say "hey, I'd be willing to set up a website and sell the same thing with less profit than those guys." The only thing you have going on your side would be those who will do anything to save a few bucks, even passing over those who have been there to help them all along. I guaranty that support for offering such drivers will require more than just taking the orders. Of course if you feel you can support your operation with the minimal profit I am guessing you have figured in, good luck.

Tim Hood

Agent
Level of support will definitely be hard to beat.

For home use though, if this is legit, I'd possibly like a lower Fs on it...the Brahma seems a bit too specific to Car Audio.

Tim

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
Mark

I concluded that Adire had licensed the technology. You and the Servo crew spoke of getting it at one point

I certainly hope people will give their vote to Adire, given the tremendous help/support Dan and the rest of the Adire crew have been to the DIY community.

Someone trying to bottom feed off Adire doesn't deserve much of a welcome on the HT/Audio forums

Mike_A

Stunt Coordinator
relax guys - adire would still be making money off these drivers as they'd get royalties via the XBL2 license. i don't think dan would license his technology in a way that would be detremental to adire.

with that said, the support definitely still needs to be there if this guy is going to have success around here...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks