What's new

would this rack make the components inside overheat? (1 Viewer)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Tough to say Felix. For starters at the very least you'd want to ensure that adequate clearance is given on all sides. To that end you can look in your manual or contact the manufacturer. You could also consider consider improving air circulation by the use of small fans in the back to increase the air flow.

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Felix,
Why don't you check out Bell'O or Sanus . They have very nice racks that are open on all sides.
No jokes about the "nice racks" comment. :D

AVspec

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
I used to use a similar type rack with the glass door and all but found my receiver and other equipment got way to hot as the heat built up inside way to fast. Open racks are the way to go but if there is the ever present WF then you may just have to go that route and put quite fans in.

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
I have an enclosed rack with an open back and I have only noticed my 3802 to get warm but not too hot that I couldn't touch it. If I closed up the back then I would be in trouble.
Open racks are the best, but I think you could manage with this rack. Espcecially since looks great :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks