Would love to Draw on your experience with my HT choices

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Steve_Barrow, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Steve_Barrow

Steve_Barrow Agent

Hi everyone;

In the process of upgrading all my HT gear from the mix matched junk I've collected over the years. I have made some choices and was hoping yoiur experience could help me decide the best combination. Sadly where I live it's very hard to do A/B comparisons with any array of choices.

Sub - Have chosen the SVS PB2-Plus based on all I have read here and other forums

Reciever - Narrowed down to 3 so far, mainly on features but also on my experience and what I have read
    - Integra DTR 7.4
    - Onkyo 9.1
    - Denon 3805

Speakers - I find this one tough because I have trouble finding someone who has a similar reciever and carries more than 1-2 brands I have an interest in. I've heard a ton in my price range, but so far have a preference towards:
    - totem
    - B&W 600 series (603F, 602R, 660C)
    - paradigm (Studio 60F etc)

Recommendations on a combo of these, or anything I should go give a listem to would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

2. Bhagi Katbamna

Bhagi Katbamna Supporting Actor

Sounds actually pretty good. Speakers are a personal preference thing and those 3 brands are usually very good. I would gravitate towards Paradigm because if you can make a trip to Canada, they will run cheaper. I have an Onkyo but would recommend Denon as the newer Onkyos have this power protection scheme that limits watts/channel when all channels are equally driven.

3. Stephen Bort

Stephen Bort Agent

I'm a Denon convert as well...spilled Sprite into my 3802 two years ago, and it's never been the worse for wear.

Now I test all of my gear with the Sprite test [​IMG]

4. Steve_Barrow

Steve_Barrow Agent

heh the Denon's on the list cause the reciever I'm upgrading is a 1601 [​IMG] But I really lke the idea of the Nettune on the Onkyo/Integra..... thats assuming it works fairly well [​IMG]

5. ScottCHI

ScottCHI Screenwriter

my advice would be to go nuts listening to as many speakers in as many places as you possibly can