What's new

Would love to Draw on your experience with my HT choices (1 Viewer)

Steve_Barrow

Agent
Hi everyone;

In the process of upgrading all my HT gear from the mix matched junk I've collected over the years. I have made some choices and was hoping yoiur experience could help me decide the best combination. Sadly where I live it's very hard to do A/B comparisons with any array of choices.

Sub - Have chosen the SVS PB2-Plus based on all I have read here and other forums

Reciever - Narrowed down to 3 so far, mainly on features but also on my experience and what I have read
- Integra DTR 7.4
- Onkyo 9.1
- Denon 3805

Speakers - I find this one tough because I have trouble finding someone who has a similar reciever and carries more than 1-2 brands I have an interest in. I've heard a ton in my price range, but so far have a preference towards:
- totem
- B&W 600 series (603F, 602R, 660C)
- paradigm (Studio 60F etc)

Recommendations on a combo of these, or anything I should go give a listem to would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Bhagi Katbamna

Supporting Actor
Sounds actually pretty good. Speakers are a personal preference thing and those 3 brands are usually very good. I would gravitate towards Paradigm because if you can make a trip to Canada, they will run cheaper. I have an Onkyo but would recommend Denon as the newer Onkyos have this power protection scheme that limits watts/channel when all channels are equally driven.

Stephen Bort

Agent
I'm a Denon convert as well...spilled Sprite into my 3802 two years ago, and it's never been the worse for wear.

Now I test all of my gear with the Sprite test ;)

Steve_Barrow

Agent
heh the Denon's on the list cause the reciever I'm upgrading is a 1601 :) But I really lke the idea of the Nettune on the Onkyo/Integra..... thats assuming it works fairly well :)

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
my advice would be to go nuts listening to as many speakers in as many places as you possibly can

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks