What's new

Would "Kingdom Hearts" for the PS2 be to difficult for my 10 year old son? (1 Viewer)

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
He's never played any RPG type games. I wanted to introduce him to this genre. He plays AOEII and Age of Mythology at the EASY level on the PC and some fighting games on the PS2. Any feedback?

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
He could probably handle it then. KH isn't an RPG in the "text based menus" sense, but it's more of a 3rd person action/adventure game with some levelling and equipment. More similar to Zelda than Final Fantasy in other words.

Basically, it would mean having to understand the concept of equipping stuff, and reading a few statistics-i.e. this weapon raises defense, but lowers accuracy. Should be no problem for him though.

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Chris: Good information thanks! I remember how much I enjoyed Zelda 1&2 and FF3 years ago.

Dan KW

Agent
If he is use to playing games I would guess it would be no problem. I bought this game for my wife and she couldn't play it but she doesn't really play many games either. It's only 20 bucks now but when I bought it for her it was 50! Good thing that I like the game and play it every once in a while:) I'd say go for it, it's a cool game if you like disney.

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Dan: Done! His birthday party was last night. He should get to play it tonight or this weekend.

Dean Martin

Stunt Coordinator
My son is 10 and really likes the game but has give up on more than one occasion because of difficulty.
He has gotten pretty far according to him though.

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Dean: My 8 year old son has shown more interest in the game than my oldest. We bought my oldest Kingdom Hearts (PS2) and Age of Mythology (PC). He's big into AOEII. Now, he can't stop playing AOM. It's a crap shoot, you just never know!

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
He'll probably get really frustrated with a couple of boss battles, like Cerberus. Otherwise it's just a button masher, and fun at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks