What's new

Would I be crazy to try to move RPTV to upstairs apt? (1 Viewer)

Shea

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know if this is just a stupid question but we are moving in a little over a week(last minute promotion and move type thing so got to do it all quick). The town we are moving to has virtually no downstairs apartments available by the time we need it. There are a lot of great upstair apts available. But since I got my Mits 55" a couple years ago I said I'd never move that huge and heavy thing upstairs. That thing seems insanely heavy, I don't even know if we could do it if we had to. Even if we could get it up, I'd be afraid I'd drop it or bang it against something or mess it up somehow. Should I not try and move it upstairs? Anyone else done this? We actually have to decide on a place in the next 2 hours. If we have to get a downstair apt, we have 1 single option only, and we aren't even allowed to see the inside of the apt because all are occupied as of this moment.

Shea

Stunt Coordinator
Wow..what sucks is that I can't even be there to scope places out, my wife had to go by herself. I don't think there would be any problems like that though.. And nothing over 2 floors I don't think. Someone told me they rented a forklift to get theirs to a second floor apt! I wouldn't trust myself doing that. Moving to Santa Fe, NM. Apparently we are too rich for most of the apartments that are anywhere near affordable. The affordable ones are tax something or others and you can't even apply if you make over $26k/year so our options are almost 0 now. The one promising place is a townhouse where there is an upstairs deck where your view is dominated by a huge mountain. Sounds exciting as I've lived my whole life in the West Texas desert. Not sure what I'm going to do though once white stuff starts falling from the sky.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks