What's new

Worst Christmas Bonus? (1 Viewer)

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
I've never gotten a "Christmas" bonus, but after finding out I was going to lose my job in a month last Dec. 15, any year-end bonus is welcome by comparison.

Rob

DougRuss

Stunt Coordinator
Work for a "ITW Company" who announced they made $18 million in Sales this year.........what did we get?
A letter telling us what a great job we did in "Difficult Times" :b
Usually get a $20 certificate for Jewel Foods and a $50 Gift Card for Penneys ..

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Well this year for a Christmas bonus me & 24 other employees got laid off. How's that for a "Merry Christmas!" ? :angry:

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Whats a Christmas bonus?
Seriously would you believe that Ive known people who have gotten 10k and even 50k for a bonus(they both work in NYC) :eek:

Sarah S

Second Unit
This year they finally gave us a Christmas bonus...George W made 12/24 a federal holiday! Of course that means little as I don't really celebrate Christmas...but at least it's a day off with pay. :)

Tommy G

Screenwriter
I think I have everyone beat in this area. One year I was working for a head trauma rehabilitation company (basically an ambulance chaser) and the Christmas Bonus was a Christmas tape of the owner of the company's daughter singing Christmas Carols. He was trying to promoter his daughter's singing career. She also had a horrible voice. I still have the cassette just for laughs. :laugh:

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Let's see;

Home made bottle of wine, or $50 Canadian ... (18.41 after taxes)

Brent

Sheldon

Stunt Coordinator
My old job was about $1500 every xmas.This year who knows if anything.Last year at my new job,my boss gave us t-shirts from the warehouse that were given to him by a supplier.God,I wish that I had my old job back!!

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
One of my old directors used to give out presents to all the members of our group. One year he gave me a wooden train set for kids age 5+. I have no idea what was going through his mind but I gave it to my god son who enjoyed it.

Wayne A

Agent
The best christmas bonus, was I was working for a medical company that gave a 50.00 dollar bill, and I was living on my own. It bought me my christmas dinner. I used to work for a company that use to disribute Marlboro merchandise and stuff would come back all year and the company used to giveit to us. Now I work for Wal-mart, I dont get shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I work for a pretty big university,and I think there are weird legal reasons that they can't give bonuses. But, I do have off of work until 1/2/2002. Better than cash or some cheesy gift, in my opinion.

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Last year, my employer gave me a letter stating that they were donating a turkey to a homeless shelter in my name. What made it worse was when I came to realize that they were taking the tax write-off for all the employees' "gifts".

Jon

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
In case anyone cares, I didn't get the free beer this year. So, that's a big fat wad of nothing for Xmas this year. :frowning:

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
No cash, but every Thanksgiving we here at the car dealership are given a medium-size frozen turkey.
I always make a point of thanking my boss for giving us the bird.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks