What's new

world at war - anyone know if R1 version is the same as R2? (1 Viewer)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
I know this topic's been raised before, but (no disrespect intended) I recall it trailed off inconclusively. Please does anyone know if the R1 version is roughly the same as the R2 version (other than a huge difference in price)?

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
I've been immersing myself in this terrific series over the past few days. The quality of these DVD's is great considering the age of the source material.

Andrew,

I don't know the details of the R2 release, but R1 contains the 26-part series and the following DVD bonus programs (also created under the aegis of The World at War series):

Secretary to Hitler (the entire interview with Traudl Junge)

From War to Peace

Warrior (all of the combat footage)

The Third Reich (in two parts, 1933-1939 and 1939-1945)

The Two Deaths of Adolf Hitler (an investigation into his final days)

The Final Solution (in two parts, 1918-1941 and 1941-1945)

Hope this helps.

Rob

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Gary, sounds as if the R1 version is on a par with the Brit one - the extras are slightly different, but this isn't of prime importance to me. I'll probably get the R1 set because it's about 2/3rds of the price of the Brit set.

Kyle Milligan

Stunt Coordinator
Can't comment on the R2, but I can tell you that definite details on R1 are right here.
Right down to each episode, number of chapters etc, every last bit of info on it. Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks