What's new

'Wolf Creek' R1 Question... (1 Viewer)

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
I see that The Wienstein Company will be releasing the R1 DVD of the superb Wolf Creek in seperate Theatrical and Unrated versions...

I have the UK R2 DVD and was wondering if this is the 'theatrical' or 'unrated' cut? Was the film cut by the MPAA from the original Australian and UK versions, or will this new 'unrated' cut contain more violence/dialogue than all other verisons?

Incidentally, the R1 DVD appears to have the exact same extras as the UK R2. (Commentary, Deleted Scenes, Making-of featurette & trailers).

Any help would be appreciated.

Brett C

Second Unit
The film was slightly cut in the US by a few frames. The Australian and UK versions are uncut, so the unrated R1 DVD I'd imagine is this same version released everywhere else.

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
Thanks Brett - I'm glad I don't have to double-dip yet again.

This film really is a classic. Unfortunately, it was marketed as yet another 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' style horror film. In fact, it's a highly original (and absolutely terrifying) nightmare.

I saw it at the theater twice (once in London, once in Sydney), and both times 100% of the audience sat in silence throughout the whole of the end credits - nobody left. Everyone was just frozen in terror and disbelief!

One of my favorite films of 2005.

(I can guess where in the film the MPAA has demanded cuts..... "That's not a knife etc....")

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks