What's new

Wizard Of Oz and Gremlins out 9/29: Post Your Finds! (1 Viewer)

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
There are plenty of Targets in NYC, one just a 1/4 mile from my home. There are not any Wal-Marts in NYC, however.

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
There are plenty of Targets in NYC, one just a 1/4 mile from my home. There are not any Wal-Marts in NYC, however.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by dbailey100

Wow! This is the first time in more than 20 years since I watched The Wizard of Oz in one sitting. It recall each time i watched this movie, I fell in love with Judy Garland. And that's still the case!
Yep! To heck with the Ruby Red slippers, I want to kiss those Ruby Red lips! :)

Mark

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by John Morgan

I think this release of the 3 disc only version was in the cards all along. I got the big box and the three discs were in a standard BluRay holder that would be easily sold on its own.
Actually, that holder in the UCE box set is a DVD-sized holder, not a Blu-ray-sized holder. Compare it to your DVD cases vs. your Blu-ray cases. Too tall!!

Mark

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein

You know what Doug? Been back and forth on this as to
whether I like what WB did here. To suddenly introduce a
title such as GREMLINS we never thought would be
announced and then make a more affordable version of
OZ -- both exclusive of TARGET and/or WALMART is
a pretty ingenious thing to do. Agree with you on that!

I love the fact it has stirred up excitement. However, this
is the first time it has been done and perhaps the novelty
will wear off with future such releases --- especially when
people like myself tire of having to drive all the way to a
TARGET store 25 minutes away when I could have easily
have had it delivered to my front door from Amazon.
I really think the fact that you couldn't get a particular version of the movie at just any store, or on line, made the whole thing kind of special. It made it an event like people lining up for a new movie, or the release of the Playstation. I suppose it could get old if they go to the well too many times, but I suspect the marketing department at Warners has some other tricks up their sleeves.

Doug

MarkBirds

Stunt Coordinator
Picked up the Wizard of Oz BD at Walmart. They only had one left. I figured I would rent the MGM doc from Blockbuster. If it knocks my socks off, I'll pick it up on eBay.

I am really looking forward to seeing this. I probably haven't watched it all the way through since I was a kid (pre-cable -- CBS used to show it once a year, if I recall correctly.)

Irv H

Auditioning
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein

You know what Doug? Been back and forth on this as to
whether I like what WB did here. To suddenly introduce a
title such as GREMLINS we never thought would be
announced and then make a more affordable version of
OZ -- both exclusive of TARGET and/or WALMART is
a pretty ingenious thing to do. Agree with you on that!

I love the fact it has stirred up excitement. However, this
is the first time it has been done and perhaps the novelty
will wear off with future such releases --- especially when
people like myself tire of having to drive all the way to a
TARGET store 25 minutes away when I could have easily
have had it delivered to my front door from Amazon.
We're going to have this same situation next month with Gone With the Wind. Currently, the only official version is the big box version for $84.99.

Yet, WBshop for a brief period advertised a single disc only for $19.16. I ordered one at the time and now that version has been deleted. I have not received a cancellation notice for this title!

I'm wondering what retailer will offer a single disc edition of GWTW?

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Originally Posted by Irv H

We're going to have this same situation next month with Gone With the Wind. Currently, the only official version is the big box version for $84.99.

Yet, WBshop for a brief period advertised a single disc only for $19.16. I ordered one at the time and now that version has been deleted. I have not received a cancellation notice for this title!

Walmart has a two-disc DVD for $16.86. Four-disc Blu-ray for $56.86. Amazon.co.uk has the Blu-ray for about $29 shipped to the US.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I'm betting that Walmart will get the single-disc version of GWTW and Target will once again get a 2 or 3-disc.

But it won't matter to me, because, frankly my dear, I don't give a damn. :) BORING movie!

Mark

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Irv H

I expect the Target version will be 3 discs, since that's all there are on the UCE (not including a CD music sampler). That number of discs includes The Lion Roars doc. That was one of the reasons why I didn't get the Target WOZ.

Bill Buklis

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Buklis
There isn't any 2 disc set out there now, right? Just the 1 disc Walmart, the 3 disc Target, and the Box of Junk?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ Yes. Nothing more than a guess but I don't think you'll ever see a two disc version. They will have an option for the movie-only disc, the movie and special features (on 3 discs) and the box set (4 discs).

Bill Buklis

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Buklis
That's what I figured. But, with all of this talk about not getting the Target version only because they didn't want the MGM doc, I keep on thinking "Then what about disc 2? Wouldn't you want that?". So, I started to wonder.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.