What's new

WinDVD doesn't recognize anamorphic video (1 Viewer)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I use WinDVD 3.1. Starting a few weeks ago, it plays everythng 1.33:1, including anamorphic video. It used to be fine. I can't find anythign in the preferences to fix this. Any ideas? Intervideo won't support it because it an OEM version.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
sorry I can't help, mine hasn't messed up. I've got 4, and when you right click on a playing video, you can change the way it displays the image. It's under "widescreen mode." I don't know if 3.1 has that feature.

Computers and HTPC Area

Robert Dunnill

Second Unit
1.85:1 anamorphic will look like 1.33:1 if the aspect ratio isn't set correctly.

I've never used 3.1, but 2.X has a setting to "lock aspect ratio" or something like that, which determines whether the image proportions need to be modified or not to display properly on non-16x9 equipment.

RD

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I don't think it has a P&S option. Anyway, this isn't P&Sed. It's showing the whole signal in a 4:3 window. 3.1 doesn't have a widescreen option in the right-click menu. I can re-size the window, but I have to eyeball it and I can't resize it in full-screen mode.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Have you tried accessing the pop-up menu while a movie is playing in full-screen mode? There should be options in there to specify the aspect ratio of your display. You might have accidentally hit a hotkey that alters the active aspect ratio.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks