What's new

Will the bad CGI be fixed for Die Another Day DVD? (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
Most of the CGI was forgivable to me... except for the surfing. That was just atrocious on an unimaginable level. Before I saw it, my boss told me "You're gonna' see one scene that just jumps out at you as bad." The next day, I said "the surfing?" and he just nodded.

Still... these movies are so heavily steeped in unrealistic fantasy and impossible events that you should just overlook it and have fun! And Die Another Day definitely was fun!

Except for the Madonna theme song... That sucked rancid donkey ass. I'd rather get hit in the testicles with a hand sledge than suffer through that song again. :D

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
WhatI thought was aweful was the whole CGI of the plane at the end.

Do i want to see it changed... not really.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Personally, I don't think a thing should be changed. I want it how it was shown in the theatre, crappy CGI or not. :)

(Side note: I love how there is a seeming split of opinions between home-theatre fans. Some of us would freak right out at the thought of altering a movie... others ASK for alterations... I don't get it. Just had to mention it.)

Side side note: "sucked rancid donkey ass" There is a phrase I hope I never see again. :D

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
What if they went back and redid "The World Is Not Enough" so that it didn't suck?
If they could digitally replace Denise Richards with a special effect that could actually act, I honestly wouldn't complain.

I really liked the rest of the film. She single-handedly torpedoed it.

-Lyle J.P.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Yeah right they didn't perfect the shot for the big cinema screen, but they should do their utmost to get it right for our teeny little 32inch screens.:D

Um and sorry but I fancy the pants off Denise Richards, the otherwise luckluster 'World is Not Enough' got an extra boost by having her bouncing around with Bond, pure eye-candy, and I didn't give a fig that she was the most unlikely scientist ever, was Halle Berry much more convincing as a lethal CIA agent? ;)

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
On MTV's PUNK'D, I almost died when they got this little kid to ask Denise Richards "So, how'd it feel to play someone smart?" BAH HA HA HA!

MikeCD

Stunt Coordinator
Please poeple, there was NO bad CGI in Die Another Day. It was all tremendously good and great CGI. Maybe the bunch of you need glasses.
Now I've seen bad CGI. Take for example The Mummy Returns, Final Fantasy, Men In Black II, all bad. But not, not, not D A D.

Jeff Whitford

Screenwriter
I have never been so disappointed in a movie as I was with Die Another Day. The airplane at the end looked ridiculas. CGI has no place in Bond movies. Period.

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor
The CGi doesn't look too bad on the small screen, but the film is STILL awful, bad Bond adventure.

The sound is impressive, the dts track rocks especially in the pre-credits sequence, good demo disc.
Probably the last time I'll ever watch the film.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
CGI has a place in James Bond movies, when those movies are Mission Impossible movies.

But the low budget, no-effort, no-creativity CGI that the actual Bond series uses is just pathetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks