What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Will GOD OF WAR be crossed over to XBOX? (1 Viewer)

Kevin G.

Second Unit
As the title states...
I think this game looks AWESOME!!! But I just got the wife to get me Xbox for my B-day last year...I don't think she'd go for another platform. Let alone Nextbox...

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
The game is developed by an internal Sony studio and published by Sony. No chance of an Xbox port guys.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, this one looks good. If you're not in a huge rush to play it though, just wait until the end of the year. Once new hardware comes out, the price of a ps2 is going to drop again (especially for used hardware). That's what I'll probably end up doing (since I'll have to play DW8 somehow...).

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
It IS really good. The PS3 is supposed to be backwards-compatible, so you could either buy a PS2 when it gets cheaper or just get a PS3 and save the trouble of buying that near the end of its life cycle.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
This game does look pretty cool-a little like Ninja gaiden perhaps? I saw a demo on gamespot where they showed off the Hydra battle and the bits where you have to use parts of the environment to your advantage.

Looks good, but not enough to buy a ps2 for right now. Might go the ps3 route, but it really depends on the ps2 launch lineup. At this point I'm leaning towards the Xbox 2, but it all depends on the game lineup at launch (or when I happen to have the money for new hardware).

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Think more along the lines of Rygar with a dash of Devil May Cry, far better graphics, and an overall much more enjoyable experience. (than Rygar that is. Devil May Cry 3 is still *it* IMHO ;))

Tim Hess

Second Unit
God of War is a great game, one of the best this generation.

For a PS2 game it looks AMAZING; 480p, Widescreen, Surround Sound (on PS2!).

Playing it is being in a Ray Harryhausen film :)

BrionL

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I broke down and bought this game for my PS2 since there is no way it will be released on the Xbox. I am sure glad I picked it up. The game is just amazing on all levels. I would recommend this to anyone sitting on the fence on whether to get it. It is possibly one of the greatest adventure games ever created.

Brion

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks