What's new

Will Denon DCM-270 CD player play CD-R? (1 Viewer)

Sanaka

Grip
I found a good deal on this CD Player and like the features but can't find whether it will play stuff I've burned (CD-R).

TIA!

Sanaka

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Sanaka, I don't have the '270, but I would expect it to play CD-Rs. Most CD players these days play CD-Rs. I have the Denon DCM-370, and it plays CD-Rs.

Sanaka

Grip
Thanks Keith (for the inside of 5 minutes reply!).
The 270/370 have the manual so I expect you are right. There's a few DVD players that still don't do CD-R, so I wanted to check :)
Sanaka

Sanaka

Grip
Say, by the way, I should have asked right off the bat, how's the variable line-out? That's one feature that leans me towards this unit. I know of someone who uses this right into his amp, instead of through a pre-amp. It's an 'older' Denon model. Do you think the 270/370 would work well for this?

Thanks Again!!

P.S. Correction to my last post: The 270/370 have the *same* manual...

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Sanaka, I have not used the variable outputs on the '370, as I first used it with an A/V receiver and now run it into an integrated amp. However, the variable outputs are a nice feature to see on a $250 changer. Few inexpensive players have them.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Sanaka, no problem. I have two CD players in my main stereo system with variable outputs, and I bought an NAD C 270 stereo power amp recently to biamp with an NAD C 370 stereo integrated amp. Since the power amp is biamped, I haven't tried connecting a CD player directly to it. I should try that. :)

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
My Denon DCD-1500II (bought in 1987) plays CD-R just fine. I would assume that the 270 would as well.

Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks