What's new

will a granite/concrete slab benefit a front-firing, front-ported sub on carpet? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Meininger

Second Unit
I've searched the archives, and there are many threads on the topic of granite slabs (on top of and below) downfiring or down-ported subs. Is there any benefit to placing a front-firing, front ported sub on something other than pile carpeting? My current plan is to just put it right on the carpet, and weigh it down with a patio stone or something decorative. I'd like the input of the wise and experienced, though.

The sub is an HTD level ONE 8" job.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Quote from my website:

With the addition of the JBL Studio series to my system I finally got around to trying the sub without the concrete patio block under it (mainly so I could put the one S38 where I wanted it). I don't notice any difference. I didn't pay close enough attention to the volume level setting on the sub amp so I'm not sure if that changed at all (from memory, maybe it's a little higher, but just a little), but sound wise I can't tell the difference.
With a HTD 8", I won't worry all that much about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks