What's new

Wierd Yamaha problem ,dual zone and 6 channel input , sound bleeding thru. (1 Viewer)

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter
I have 2 sets of main speakers connected to my Yamaha RX-V3300, one set is for HT/ multi channel use and the other is for stereo use.

When I set speakers 'b' to 'main' I get sound thru the 5 surround speakers which would be the 'a' main speakers wether 6 channel input is on or off and both speakers A and B set to off.... sound is bleeding thru, oddly enough I dont get any sound out of the 'b' speakers.

Now if I set speakers 'b' to 'zone 2' , and turn off speakers a and b then I get no bleed thru sound with 6 channel input on or off, I have to turn on speakers A to get the sound.

What in the heck is going on here?

I hope I explained it well enough, if not ask away.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I had this problem initially on my 2300 but after experimentation (did not read the manual) I got it right so that A is A and B is B. I would have to go home and check the setup that I have used.

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter
Thanks Neil, I called Yamaha and got it all worked out...there are just so many options on this sucker that it is easy to get things mixed up.

Basically I had the stereo effects button on in my situation and this was the cause of my problem.
>>>>>>>>>>.
Main speakers B set as Main >> sound out of the center because the receiver thinks they are in the main room AND the stereo effects are ON,
the reciever thinks that I might want to use both sets of mains at the same time and I am in the main room , therefore effects are enabled.
Furthermore the small or large settings that I have applied are in effect.

Main speakers set as Zone 2>>> reciever thinks you may be in another room altogether, therefore effects are disabled hence the no sound out of the center. A and B buttons only effect the mains, not the rest of the surround speakers.
Speakers B in this setting get full bandwidth...so main speaker settings do not apply.
This works out for me because I use my a and b speakers independently and a speakers are small and b speakers are large , therfore I will use the zone 2 setting and everything works out. :) ..I just have to remember to shut off the effects switch when I go to listen to my B speakers. Also keep in mind that the subwoofer wont output anything in stereo while using only the B speakers in this situation.

:emoji_thumbsup: :)

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter
BTW I have to add that I did not expect much of anything when I called Yamaha, I was pleasantly surprised that a mature sounding individual picked up the phone and was quite knowlegable in how the quite complicated RX-V3300 works.

That is a HUGGGE +++ for Yamaha and surely will factor into my decision for future upgrades. I used to have a Sony ES piece while it always worked fine for the most part , I did have to call tech support on a few occations...lets not go there though. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks