1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Wierd Yamaha problem ,dual zone and 6 channel input , sound bleeding thru.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by James W. Johnson, Sep 30, 2003.

1. James W. Johnson

James W. Johnson Screenwriter

I have 2 sets of main speakers connected to my Yamaha RX-V3300, one set is for HT/ multi channel use and the other is for stereo use.

When I set speakers 'b' to 'main' I get sound thru the 5 surround speakers which would be the 'a' main speakers wether 6 channel input is on or off and both speakers A and B set to off.... sound is bleeding thru, oddly enough I dont get any sound out of the 'b' speakers.

Now if I set speakers 'b' to 'zone 2' , and turn off speakers a and b then I get no bleed thru sound with 6 channel input on or off, I have to turn on speakers A to get the sound.

What in the heck is going on here?

I hope I explained it well enough, if not ask away.

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    I had this problem initially on my 2300 but after experimentation (did not read the manual) I got it right so that A is A and B is B. I would have to go home and check the setup that I have used.

3. James W. Johnson

Thanks Neil, I called Yamaha and got it all worked out...there are just so many options on this sucker that it is easy to get things mixed up.

Basically I had the stereo effects button on in my situation and this was the cause of my problem.
    >>>>>>>>>>.
    Main speakers B set as Main >> sound out of the center because the receiver thinks they are in the main room AND the stereo effects are ON,
    the reciever thinks that I might want to use both sets of mains at the same time and I am in the main room , therefore effects are enabled.
    Furthermore the small or large settings that I have applied are in effect.

Main speakers set as Zone 2>>> reciever thinks you may be in another room altogether, therefore effects are disabled hence the no sound out of the center. A and B buttons only effect the mains, not the rest of the surround speakers.
    Speakers B in this setting get full bandwidth...so main speaker settings do not apply.
    This works out for me because I use my a and b speakers independently and a speakers are small and b speakers are large , therfore I will use the zone 2 setting and everything works out. [​IMG] ..I just have to remember to shut off the effects switch when I go to listen to my B speakers. Also keep in mind that the subwoofer wont output anything in stereo while using only the B speakers in this situation.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. James W. Johnson

BTW I have to add that I did not expect much of anything when I called Yamaha, I was pleasantly surprised that a mature sounding individual picked up the phone and was quite knowlegable in how the quite complicated RX-V3300 works.

That is a HUGGGE +++ for Yamaha and surely will factor into my decision for future upgrades. I used to have a Sony ES piece while it always worked fine for the most part , I did have to call tech support on a few occations...lets not go there though. [​IMG]