What's new

Why won't my RP-91 play There's Something About Mary? (1 Viewer)

Henry W

Stunt Coordinator
It plays the Fox promo that precedes the menu perfectly but then up pops the menu and I can't move beyond the menu. I have tried two different discs-both from Blockbuster with the Blockbuster protection sheild. (I've probably rented 20 some odd discs with the sheild and have no prior difficulty.) I hit resume play in the menu and and the RP-91 registers play, the screen and sound go dead, and a note pops up from the RP-91 after a few minutes that says "check disc." What's up?
Best regards-Henry
confused.gif

------------------

Mark Mac

Auditioning
I just watched There's Something About Mary on my RP-91 the other day. Not 1 glitch. Must of got a bad disk.

Henry W

Stunt Coordinator
I tried two different discs. Could it be the Blockbustersheild?
Best regards-Henry
------------------

Mark Mac

Auditioning
Hmmmm. im not sure Henry, I havent rented any movies in a long time. I usually buy a few movies a week. Maybe someone else that rents alot has had this problem. I must say that I havent had 1 problem with any movie that I have watched on my RP91.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Why won't my RP-91 play There's Something About Mary?
Because it has good taste!
laugh.gif

(just kidding)
Seriously, I just tried this title on my RP-91 and it plays just fine.
------------------
RAF
[Demented Video Dude since 1997]
[Computer Maven since 1956]
["PITA" since 1942]
Link Removed

Doug_B

Screenwriter
Doesn't the rental of this movie come with a free sample of the "hair gel"? Must have gotten on the disk
yum.gif

------------------
"Today is a good day to die." ...Old Lodge Skins
[Edited last by Doug_B on August 26, 2001 at 11:37 PM]

Kevin Coleman

Second Unit
Eugene,
The shield is probably a non-removable sticker that they put on the spindle area of the disc. A friend of mine owns a DVD only rental store and he was pretty much forced in to doing this due to dishonest customers who would rent a disc and trade it out for one of their own of the same title they had scratched. It sucks but they have to protect themselves.
Kevin C. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks