What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Why is There No Talk of a Terminator 3 UHD Blu-ray? (1 Viewer)

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
To answer your first question, its a headcanon thing. There was no reason for any of the other Terminator sequels past 2 to be made other than cynical financial ones, so they don't exist.
What doesn't exist?
As for the second one, T3 was an early Digital Intermediate film which wasn't fully scanned in. So any 4k would have to use a film out (which have been frequently panned on other UHDs like the ones by Lionsgate), or rescan everything from scratch since the existing DI portions are at 2k anyway. And there's no demand for the latter because...again, "has its fans" doesn't mean a hill o'beans, so there you go
While there may be some validity in that, I'm not so sure I buy or agree with it.

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
That's basically my guess as well. However, it seems to me that Cameron gets involved when the movies are coming to disc hell or high water. They're doing an Alien box set- Cameron works on Aliens. The Terminator or T2 is getting released on DVD or Blu-ray because there's a new Terminator movie- Cameron works on his Terminators. Titanic is getting converted to 3-D for the theaters- he works on Titanic. Nothing happens with The Abyss or True Lies- there they sit.
Yeah, The Abyss is STILL relegated to a non-anamorphic DVD from Fox, isn't it?

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Add me to the roll call of those that would love to pick up Terminator 3 on UHD. I’ve always thought it was unfairly maligned.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eliedisdisusa
Recent bookmarks