What's new

Why does Sony so often drag its feet? (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
What do you mean "play them when required"?? Are you saying that without MP3 support you'll never be able to play an MP3?

Yes, most people under 30 only have MP3's and I bet the majority of those people don't listen to MP3's in their DVD players.

Besides, SONY has (which I purchased) this device: Amazon.com: Sony TDM-NC1 Digital Media Port Wireless Network Audio Adapter: Electronics

They also have an iPod docking station for their amps. That's the way things are going to go. You don't need a DVD player with MP3 support when you have all these new ways of playing MP3's through your stereo.

Besides, burning MP3 CD's is so old fashioned. Today's technology is either streaming or HD based, hence why SONY is opting out of support for the burned Dinosaur that is MP3 CD's.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
True, i like Sony, and i also have no use for Divx or MP3. For that matter i am not into HiRes audio either.
But they make a fine DVD player, a great Blu-ray player, and some of the best LCDs around.
So the Sony haters can call me a Sony lover...ive been called worse.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks