What's new

WHV Press Release: The Wizard of Oz 75th Anniversary (Blu-ray 3D)(Blu-ray)(DVD) (1 Viewer)

What version of Oz are you (or not) purchasing?

• Total voters

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
moviebuff75 said:
Thanks. I know that it is an uphill battle. But I will continue to pursue it, as this is the most protected film in history and there is no reason that it should be altered. It is clear from Price's interview that the alternate track wasn't intended to remain, and I would like to know why it has. The partial deletion changes the tone of the line (in the original version, Dorothy is desperate..in the new version of the dialogue she is barely whimpering). And here's the thing. It shouldn't be changed whether people notice it or not. Films run 24fps. Of course we can't see every frame, but that doesn't mean that every frame isn't important to the whole experience.
I never said it should be changed!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
moviebuff75 said:
Then you would agree that it needs to be changed back.
Didn't I say that earlier, otherwise, why would I try to look for it when I should be just enjoying my IMAX/3-D viewing? That said, it's not a major issue for me as it is for you, but I do agree that such changes shouldn't have even taken place.

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
I appreciate you doing that. Sorry if I sound frustrated but I've been wanting them to fix this for 15 years now. I don't expect everyone to feel the same as I do. But it is something that I want to fight for, no matter how small it may seem to others. And I will do so in a kind manner. I will write Mr. Price a thoughtful letter praising his great work on the last few releases and try to find some answers. That's all I can do, considering that I don't know him personally.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Radioman970 said:
So the one that is $25.11 right now is the one that was $19.99 before?

HERE is the link.
Wizard Of Oz: 75th Anniversary (3D Blu-ray + Blu-ray + UltraViolet) (Widescreen)
Here is the link for the box set for $19.96.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Ronald Epstein said:
I take it there is no junk in that box, just the movies...right?
When I click on that link it shows $20 for the big box which is unavailable. From there I click on the $74 box and the picture of the box appears to be identical in both versions.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I mean...I am about to state the obvious...but...
Something is wrong here.

A large Collector's Box, normally reserved for the box-of-junk contents
on sale at Walmart for $19.95.

You mean to tell me that there will only be discs inside that huge package?

There has got to be some mistake unless I am missing something.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Obviously the artwork is a mistake. But you'll remember that Walmart had an exclusive packaging last go-round of The Wizard of Oz that was the 3-disc set with no "junk", but this time around Warner is putting out multiple versions right off the bat. I'd be curious as to what the difference will be between Warner's 3D Blu-ray/Blu-ray/Digital Copy and Walmart's exclusive edition. Might be worth it to save $5 on the Walmart exclusive version.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
moviebuff75 said:
When did I say it was fixed? I said the digital glitch causing dropped frames in Munchkinland was fixed. The Judy line has not been fixed.
On the 2D Blu-ray, the digital glitch has NOT been fixed. I'm not sure about the line you mention - please point out its exact location in the film and I'll check.

I'd be shocked if it'd been corrected, though - I compared the two and found zero difference between the 2009 and 2013 2D Blu-rays in terms of the movie itself...

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Ronald Epstein said:
I mean...I am about to state the obvious...but...Something is wrong here. A large Collector's Box, normally reserved for the box-of-junk contentson sale at Walmart for $19.95. You mean to tell me that there will only be discs inside that huge package? There has got to be some mistake unless I am missing something.
Assuming it was a mistake to post that box, I figure one of two things will happen:1) they will honor the mistake and send out the big box o' junk; or2) they will send out the regular 3D edition. If I remember correctly, the text of the posting did not say "collector's edition". I think option 2 will happen.

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
I'm cancelling my pre-order. I don't have 3D capabilities right now, and I'm not spending my money for the same exact disc. WB knows they made a mistake, which is why they fixed the 3D version. How difficult would it have been to fix the original?

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
For those who can't wait for the 3D, Best Buy has broken street date and is selling their retail stock at their B&M locations...I'm being a good boy and waiting for my copy to arrive from Amazon... :P

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
Darn. She is actually not saying "Oh, Toto." She is saying the last part of the first Toto and Don't....The original line was: "Oh, Toto. Don't..." And she was wailing it. It is now: "o, Don't" and she is whimpering it. Darn shame. The rest of the track is altered in places as well. It's not just this bit of dialogue. Please, WB....go back to the original track!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks