What's new

WHV Announcement: The Outlaw Josey Wales -plus- Clint Eastwood Double Features (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
I saw Firefox when I was a teenager, and was very bored with it, until it got the the flying sequences. It wasn't until I saw the film much later as an adult that I realized what a good cold war thriller it was! Very much looking forward to that one.

Doug

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by Douglas Monce

I saw Firefox when I was a teenager, and was very bored with it, until it got the the flying sequences. It wasn't until I saw the film much later as an adult that I realized what a good cold war thriller it was! Very much looking forward to that one.

Doug

I think I will give this another chance based on your post. I too remember it as boring, but I bet it is really a great picture.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
Originally Posted by ahollis

I think I will give this another chance based on your post. I too remember it as boring, but I bet it is really a great picture.

The first 2/3s of the movie, where he is trying to make his way through eastern Europe, reminded me of some of the good thrillers from the mid to late 60's. The Spy Who Came In From The Cold for one. Though Firefox, as a whole, isn't quite that dark.

Doug

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I'm looking forward to both of the two packs, but I'm a little upset that in a sense they are forcing a potential double dip. I bought Heartbreak Ridge back in June when it was first released on BD. Same goes for Every Which Way But Loose. I'm really looking forward to Firefox and Any Which Way You Can, but just hate the fact I have to double dip on other titles to get them.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
I suppose that depends on the price point. If the double feature disc isn't more expensive a single feature disc, then your really just getting a second copy free.

Doug

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Originally Posted by Douglas Monce

I suppose that depends on the price point. If the double feature disc isn't more expensive a single feature disc, then your really just getting a second copy free.

Doug

It isn't. 20 bucks per double-feature (i.e. approx. $15 retail). I love Warner's new pricing policy of catalogue titles (although it makes the premium you're paying for their book packaging even higher than it already was).

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
Amazon has the double feature of The Enforcer and Sudden Impact for $13.99, while Dirty Harry by itself is $24.99. I don't know I think $13.99 is a pretty cheap price for 2 feature films.

What I'm saying is that Adam would probably pay at least $13.99 for Firefox alone, so if this set is priced around the same, he wouldn't really be paying all that much more for Firefox and an extra copy of Heartbreak Ridge.

Doug

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I agree with Adam regarding the double-dips, but hopefully I think we'll be able to pick these titles up cheap enough that it becomes a non-factor.

Crawdaddy

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Josey Wales is one of my all-time favorite westerns. This is one of the few BD's that I will not wait for a price drop to purchase.

"Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy."

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Yes!! And right before Father's Day, my dad will love to receive Outlaw Josey Wales.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Just bought Heartbreak at Best buy for $9.99, got the Double Blu of WHere Eagles Dare and Kelly's Heroes for $12.99. So these prices on catalogue titles are welcome.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
Originally Posted by Mr. Pacino

I hate Double features because I´d like to have a seperate cover for each title!

I've got one word for you.....custom covers!

Okay thats two words but you get the idea.

Doug

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I'm kind of anal about double features. I like the idea in general, except that I organize my DVDs and Blu-rays alphabetically, so having two unrelated movies in one case messes that up. But if the double feature contains, say, a movie and its sequel, so that they'd be next to each other on the shelf, anyway, I'd much rather save the shelf space by having them together in a single pack.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
Originally Posted by cafink

I'm kind of anal about double features. I like the idea in general, except that I organize my DVDs and Blu-rays alphabetically, so having two unrelated movies in one case messes that up. But if the double feature contains, say, a movie and its sequel, so that they'd be next to each other on the shelf, anyway, I'd much rather save the shelf space by having them together in a single pack.

How about alphabetical by star.

Wade Sowers

Second Unit
Real Name
Wade Sowers
I will have sort of the same problem as I file my collection by director, earliest film first, then continue with the order in which he/she made them, as this is the way I like to look at a favorite director's body of work, plus it helps me remember what I have on the shelf. I will probably check with Warner in England (love that amazon.uk) to see if they release FIREFOX as a single Blu-ray, like they did the individual Dirty Harry movies that were originally released as a box set in the States - I wanted to be able to file SUDDEN IMPACT with Eastwood, and DIRTY HARRY with Don Siegel. They never promised us it would be easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks