What's new

WHV Announcement: The Outlaw Josey Wales -plus- Clint Eastwood Double Features (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Jeff Robertson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff Robertson
I had the same reaction when I bought the DVD years ago. I grew up liking it for the flying then later came to appreciate the rest of the story even more. I've been waiting for this BD! I would have preferred it as a stand-alone release, though.

Originally Posted by Douglas Monce

I saw Firefox when I was a teenager, and was very bored with it, until it got the the flying sequences. It wasn't until I saw the film much later as an adult that I realized what a good cold war thriller it was! Very much looking forward to that one.

Doug

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
“Clint Eastwood’s first great movie as a director.
Filled with one ravishing image after another.”

– David Denby, THE NEW YORKER

THE OUTLAW JOSEY WALES
AVAILABLE IN BLU-RAY™ JUNE 7

Landmark Western from Iconic Star Comes in

Blu-ray Book and includes Richard Schickel Commentary and Revealing New Documentary with Eastwood and Colleagues

Burbank, Calif., February 14, 2011 – The Outlaw Josey Wales, one of Clint Eastwood’s most iconic roles and one of the most popular and best-selling Eastwood titles in Warner Home Video’s (WHV) library, debuts on Blu-ray June 7. Entertainment Weekly magazine recently reported that True Grit directors, the Coen brothers, picked the film as one of their top five favorite westerns. Now, just in time for Father’s Day, The Outlaw Josey Wales will be packaged in a premium 32-page Blu-ray book filled with new bonus features, photos and production notes, available for $34.99 SRP. Orders are due May 3, 2011.

New bonus content features Clint Eastwood’s West, an extensive new documentary filled with reflections about Josey Wales’ characters, favorite scenes, discussion of the western genre and Eastwood’s legacy. Eastwood and other notables who worked with or influenced the actor/director are included: Morgan Freeman, James Mangold, Kevin Costner, Frank Darabont, John Lee Hancock, Joel Cox and more. Also new is film commentary from Richard Schickel – the film critic, documentary filmmaker and movie historian who last year produced The Eastwood Factor, the feature length documentary about Eastwood’s life and career.

Additional Eastwood titles, new to Blu-ray and available on the same day, are Any Which Way But Loose/Any Which Way You Can and Firefox/Heartbreak Ridge Blu-ray Double Features. Each will sell for $19.98 SRP.

The Outlaw Josey Wales will be available digitally for the first time On Demand and for download through online retailers including iTunes and Amazon On Demand. Any Which Way But Loose, Any Which Way You Can, Firefox and Heartbreak Ridge are also available On Demand and for digital download.

ABOUT THE FILM

As The Outlaw Josey Wales, four-time Academy Award®-winner Clint Eastwood is ideally cast as a hard-hitting, fast-drawing loner, recalling his “Man with No Name” from his European Westerns. But unlike that other mythic outlaw, Josey Wales has a name – and a heart.

After avenging his family’s brutal murder, Wales is on the lam, pursued by a pack of killers. He travels alone, but a ragtag group of outcasts (including Sondra Locke and Chief Dan George) is drawn to him – and Wales can’t leave his motley surrogate family unprotected. Eastwood’s skills behind and in front of the camera connected with audiences for its humor and tenderness as well as its hair-trigger action.

Special Features:

• Introduction from Clint Eastwood

• Commentary by Richard Schickel (New)

Clint Eastwood‘s West Documentary (New)

Hell Hath No Fury: The Making of The Outlaw Josey Wales

Eastwood in Action

• Trailer

The Outlaw Josey Wales Blu-ray Book

Street Date: June 7, 2011

Order Due Date: May 3, 2011

$34.99 SRP

Cat/UPC #: 1000160273/ 883929146666

Rated PG

Run Time: 135 minutes

Any Which Way But Loose/Any Which Way You Can

Blu-ray Double Feature

$19.98 SRP

Firefox/Heartbreak Ridge

Blu-ray Double Feature

$19.98 SRP

About Warner Home Video

With operations in 90 international territories, Warner Home Video, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, a division of the Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group, commands the largest distribution infrastructure in the global video marketplace. Warner Home Video's film library is the largest of any studio, offering top quality new and vintage titles from the repertoires of Warner Bros. Pictures, Turner Entertainment, Castle Rock Entertainment, HBO Home Video and New Line Home Entertainment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks