What's new

Who should replace Jerry Orbach on Law & Order? (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I don't know as it's "pluck someone from the OZ cast" as much as "cast someone who works out of New York"; besides the L&O franchise, I think Oz is the only drama shooting there.

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
I was just being a little facetious. Oz is no longer in production. My wife is a big L&O fan. It seems like every episode of SVU I watch with her has a member of Oz as a guest star. I'm not even counting the three regular cast members who had prominent roles on Oz.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Am I the only one who finds the original L&O to be the least interesting?

The show is so formula that it no longer matters what the plot is. Find body -> cops investigate -> 'witty' line from Orbach -> cops catch perp -> 'witty' line from Orbach -> boring courtroom drama surrounding moral issue of the week -> the end.

I used to watch this show all the time, now I end up changing the channel at the half hour mark.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
The original L&O was really in it's prime about 3 years ago.. and the last two seasons have been very, very formula :frowning: I really enjoy "SVU" and "Criminal Intent" but L&O needs to go back to it's roots with more "original" case investigations and fewer "ripped from the headlines"

Jonathan Carter

Supporting Actor
I'd like to see Chris Noth return also. This cast is good but the charchters seem to lack intensity (with the possible exception of Sam Watterson depending on the episode) like some of the past characters did. I would also like to see Andre Braugher from Homicide brought in but I doubt that will happen either because of Hack. As for Natasha Hendstridge, I see her as being suited for bad movies and cheesy TV shows like she's been doing, not dramatic TV. I couldn't believe her as a metermaid, much less an NYC detective.

Reed Diamond (Kellerman from Homicide) would also be a good casting move. His charachter had a lot of the traits Noth's charachter Logan did on L&O when he was on the show.

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
Michael Madsen or the actress that plays Sherri Palmer on 24, don't know her name off the top of my head but she's good.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Oooh...

It's at the bottom of this story about NBC trying to negotiate renewals for the franchise (which I imagine was a big part of why they purchased Universal), but apparently Dennis Farina is in talks for the part. I think I'd like that a lot.

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve...927|1|,00.html

Truth be told, Dennis Farina was the first guy I thought of, but I figured it would never happen. :)

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
Everytime he appears onscreen "Runaway" should be playing in the backround...on somebody's radio or walkman or as a cellphone ringtone. :D Or at least for a little while anyways..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks