What's new

Who should replace Jerry Orbach on Law & Order? (1 Viewer)

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Orbach is moving on to a less time-consuming role on the newest L&O spin-off, Trial by Jury?

Who would you like to see replace him?

I kind of think that Jerry Doyle from B5 would be a good choice.

For a female detective, how about Michelle Forbes of Homicide and 24?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Bump Jesse L. Martin up to his spot and bring in Samantha Buck, who filled in for Katherine Erbe on Criminal Intent during her maternity leave. An older, wiser Chris Noth might be an interesting idea, too.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I'd love for them to bring back Noth.

Then again, I think what L&O really needs is less stories "ripped from the headlines" and more "unique" stories ala the first four seasons, where the stories weren't necessarily headlines but common police work/corruption/etc. Hell, Cragen wearing a wire to bust a dirty chief, that's the L&O I loved ;) Mob busts going wrong. Cigarrette tax scams.

Nathan_F

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan
I'm just waiting for them to change the name of the original show to L&O: Ripped from the Headlines! It seems like every week is a current event "with a twist you won't believe!"

I can't believe Brisco is leaving though. I do like the idea of bringing back one of the past detectives.. Noth would be an interesting twist!

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I don't think we will see Chris Noth on L&O anytime soon since Noth had disagreements with Dick Wolf over the direction of the story in the Exile TV movie.

Be Seeing you,
David Blackwell

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I was thinking that they might try a new direction for the replacement. Maybe female (might be fun to see two women gang up on Ed Green :D) or maybe Asian or Hispanic.

Just thinking aloud.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
How about Natasha Hendstridge? I know she was in the crappy TV show Spies, but she would provide a boost to the show. I think they need to go with a woman for the senior detective role. A woman in her 30's/40's that you could believe as someone who has been there for years.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Id start watching again if they brought Noth back or Jill Hennesey who cant really come back because of Crossing Jordan. I stopped watching it after they left.

How about Roy Scheider?

Michelle Forbes is a great idea!!

VicRuiz

Second Unit

I think the fact that her character (ADA Claire Kincaid) died in a car crash at the end of season 6 would be a little more problematic.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
You know, I was thinking.. Detective Munch moved from "Homicide" to L&O:SVU, I would love to see Detective Pembelton come into L&O :)

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
That's a good idea. But Natasha Henstridge isn't even 30 (she will be in August), and may be too pretty -- this isn't NYPD Blue. And you've already got a blonde on the DA side. I like Paul's idea of an Asian or Hispanic, a currently underserved group. And since they don't focus on the characters, it will be someone who "just happens to be", which is good way to go.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
As I recall, it was the first show the next season when Briscoe and McCoy talk about her. They don't actually say she died, although that would be the most likely outcome given their mood and what they actually did say. (She could also have been in a coma, for example.) When they filmed it, they might have been trying to get her to come back for a guest spot, so maybe they were hedging their bets. But they were never able to arrange that.

A season or two later, there was some question about Jack's behavior, and I believe it was from a defense attorney, either directly or through implication, and that's when they settled that she was dead. It may have been one of the crossovers with Homicide, because I don't recall seeing it in the numerous repeats on TNT.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Since Dick Wolf seems to be a guy who likes bringing folks he's worked with before back, perhaps Christina Chang from Dragnet?

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Saw her on one episode of L.A. Dragnet, but didn't really pay attention. Can she act? We don't need another pretty actress that can't....

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
She's okay; I haven't seen her have to stretch. She's currently running around the hotel in a spacesuit on 24. But, then again, this is Law & Order; the characters aren't quite placeholders, but it's not a place where you need an acting tour-de-force.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks