What's new

Who remembers seeing Naked Gun 2.5 @ the theatre? (1 Viewer)

JackJD

Stunt Coordinator
It seems to me that the video has been altered... As I remember the ending at the theatre, R.Goulet flies out the window and we (the audience) hear

"AAAAAhhhhhhhhhh(as in falling)...n a clear day..." (as in singing). I remember this vividly because I almost fell out of my seat laughing. In the present DVD version (also on the older LD) the singing is missing leaving just a falling sound effect... bummer, and extremely unfunny! Anyone else remember this? I've never seen this discussed before and EVERY time I watch the film again it infuriates me! Anyone know the reason for the edit? Perhaps there were copyright problems with the song? I would love to see this film as I enjoyed it originally in the theatre. Why do the studios insist on altering these films, do they think we're so stupid/unobservant that we won't notice this stuff? Or do they simply not care? Any thoughts? -JD

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
If they did not have the rights to the song or lost the rights to the song, then they could not include it in the home video release without being sued.
I don't think it was a case of Paramount being malicious. ;)

JackJD

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Fellas, I feel alot better now knowing I didn't dream this or something... I could not find anyone to back me up on this! No one seemed to remember... I guess most of the population is that unobservant... (in reference to my earlier statements/thread) Does anyone know what happened that made them change/modify the video (DVD/LD) version? And... why this thread is here now? This thread is about the altering of a film presented on DVD and LaserDisc software... the home video version... Did I miss something? Cheers -JD

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
Quite possibly they didn't get the rights to the song in the first place, and then someone noticed and either demanded a large fee or refused to license the song. Or maybe they had a change of heart after seeing how it was used in the finished film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks