What's new

Who Now Owns The TERRY TOON Cartoons? (1 Viewer)

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Other than a few dreadful quality Public Domain DVDs there has been no sign of any of Fox's Terry Toon Cartoons.

While nowhere near the quality of Warners and MGM, these Cartoons still entertained a multitude of Theatergoers over the years.
They later appeared on TV, but since then they seem to have vanished.
I seem to recall a few being released on Laserdisc, but so far none have appeared on Legit DVDs.

Who now owns them and why has there been no DVD release?

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Thanks Pat, hey, that site is fabulous and will certainly be added to my favourites.

Didn't Universal release a few of their own Woody Woodpecker titles on DVD way back?

Let's hope that the TERRY TOONS get consideration sometime soon.

Jo_C

Second Unit
In actuality, Paramount Pictures now owns the theatrical rights. The television rights are held by CBS/Paramount Television. They are now different entities since Viacom and CBS split at the beginning of this year.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Paramount would still own any home video and distribution rights exclusively.

And the Woody Woodpecker DVDs were actually not released by Universal but licensed from and released through Columbia House Video in syndicated TV Show format as "The Woody Woodpecker Show". There were 15 volumes in total produced.

I would also love to see the Terrytoons released, but considering the extent that Paramount's reached into their classic animation vaults to date, fat chance of that ever happening.

Maybe if John K. is adamant enough, since he seems to have a good relationship with the studio.

While they're at it...

It would also be nice to have BETTY BOOP on DVD!!!!!!

:rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks