What's new

Who is a fan of James Bond soundtracks? (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Wow, I didn’t check my email from La La Land yet. Didn’t realize The World is Not Enough is out. That’s great. This is interesting, how far will this keep going?

Saw the mention of the Die Hard 3 release in the email, I knew I had that. I had to recheck my copy and it’s the same.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Wow, I didn’t check my email from La La Land yet. Didn’t realize The World is Not Enough is out. That’s great. This is interesting, how far will this keep going?

Saw the mention of the Die Hard 3 release in the email, I knew I had that. I had to recheck my copy and it’s the same.

Maybe tomorrow Never Dies next year?
Then the 2 Arnold scored Craig’s?

Then probably the living daylights on back to dr no.

I wish!!

License to kill was never expanded. It’s on Mca.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Man with the golden gun
Moonraker
Octopussy
A view to a kill

They should do a box set of all of those next...

Spy who loved me should also be expanded.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk

Die Hard 3 (With a Vengeance) or Die Hard 3 CD (30th anniversary release)? The original score was issued at the start of November with a new 3-CD release featuring lots of previously unreleased music. https://lalalandrecords.com/die-hard-30th-anniversary-remastered-limited-edition-3-cd-set/

Anyway, back to Bond, I hope everyone enjoyed TWINE.

Neil

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
It was Die Hard With a Vengeance. I wasn’t aware of the 30th Anniversary CD of the first Die Hard film. That’s another title I’ll have to get.

Now that the holidays are over, I’ll be ordering TWINE. :)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Personally, I'll take On Her Majesty's Secret Service any day - great film. Lazenby was unfairly judged at the time on this; one of the best-scripted Bonds ever. Great story and thoroughly tragic finale. As much as I love Sean Connery and Roger Moore as my 'go to' 007's, I cannot imagine either of them doing justice to that penultimate farewell to Bond's ill-fated bride. Lazenby's reaction is just right. Production values are through the roof here - one of the most lavishly appointed Bond flicks, with an earthy underlay that never relies on gadgets to save the day. The stunts - wow! Thoroughly impressive. Finally, the luscious and lovely Diana Rigg - need I say more?

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
As I’m listening to the Spy Who Loved me soundtrack review podcast, I have been listening to the score for that one a few times.

I almost put the film on last night too.

I watched ohmss a while back as well. Love that soundtrack. I think Diamonds is my favorite score along with Moonraker and thindeeball.
So many good films and Barry scores!!!

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Personally, I'll take On Her Majesty's Secret Service any day - great film. Lazenby was unfairly judged at the time on this; one of the best-scripted Bonds ever. Great story and thoroughly tragic finale. As much as I love Sean Connery and Roger Moore as my 'go to' 007's, I cannot imagine either of them doing justice to that penultimate farewell to Bond's ill-fated bride. Lazenby's reaction is just right. Production values are through the roof here - one of the most lavishly appointed Bond flicks, with an earthy underlay that never relies on gadgets to save the day. The stunts - wow! Thoroughly impressive. Finally, the luscious and lovely Diana Rigg - need I say more?

One James Bond radio caller mentioned that Pierce might be the only Bond capable of playing Bond in all of the films. Tone, range, etc...

It was an interesting discussion.
I’ve enjoyed all of the different actors and styles of the series. Some more than others but I love the 007 films.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Interesting Osato. I think Brosnan is capable of the more sensitive tone as he displays after he finds Paris Carver dead and after he shoots and kills Elektra King.

Connery was trying to be gentle to Domino when he tells her about her brother.

I didn’t think Moore really had a chance to play a more sensitive Bond except maybe when he was at Teresa’s grave.

Dalton probably could have done it too.

I thought Lazenby did alright in that final scene.

They each had their own way to play Bond.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks