What's new

Who Else Has The Flu? (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
I was hit hard by the flu yesterday. I ached all over, had a splittling headache, and a temperature. Today, I felt almost completely better. Throughtout my dying, I've been taking vitamin C and Advil Cold & Sinus. Here's the Weird thing...Advil Cold & Sinus is the same exact thing as Advil Flu & Body Ache! What the frig?

Anyway, I just wanna extend my sympathies to other poor souls with the flu and give influenza-ed people a chance to be recognized and speak out against this crappy virus!

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I don't think I have the flu, but I've been feelin' mighty poorly the last week. Bleah! Now where's that Nyquil?

CRyan

Screenwriter
UGH! I had it and it kept me down for two weeks. I had to close down our entire shop due to the flu. It was horrible. Not to mention the secondary bacterial infection that several of us got. Wow, I had not been that sick in a long time. My voice is still coarse four weeks later.
I tried to work through it, but I simply was not able to. Been a long time since something kept me down like that. That is saying something when you own your own business and time IS money or money lost in this case. :frowning:
I do hate it for you.
C. Ryan

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
I don't really have the flu but I just got a cold that lasted for a couple days. Ugh. The worst part is when it's so bad that you can't smell or taste and there's this weird scent in your nose afterwards. *shudder*

Butch C

Second Unit
I just got over it last week...4 full days of misery...the flu this year is the worst I have ever had...everyones tellin me the same...this is the worst strain yet

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
If it only lasts for a day it isn't the flu. Influenza can put you down for a week or more.

Yes the drug companies have quite a scam going on with medications. If you read the ingredients you'll find that the formulations are exactly the same such as the Advil cold and sinus vs flu. Another one is Excedrin Migraine. It's the exact same formulation as regular Excedrin.

Jeff

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
I was miserable with the flu for a good week. (I had to use up my vacation time as sick leave from work.) I've been back at work for a few days, but I still haven't quite kicked it. Worst of all, now I think I'm addicted to Vicks Sinex nasal decongestant spray. :frowning:

Lawrence

Agent
I don't even though I am in the medical profession and am around sick people 24/7 because I got a flu shot. Even though it is only pushed for the young, elderly, and immunocompromised, anyone who works or lives in a crowded environment (and who doesn't) would benefit from a flu shot. They are completely safe as long as you are not allergic to eggs.

I would suggest that if you are still within the first 48 hours of the flu that you go to your doctor to get a prescription for Tamiflu. I'm not sure how expensive it is but it will decrease the amount of time you are sick by half. However, it only works if therapy is started within the first two days of symptoms.

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
I'm still trying to figure out if i have the flu or not...

I felt absolutely terrible the second day and much better the third day...I felt the same the fourth day and right now. My throat is a little sore and dry, and my loogies are a bit thick, but I have no temp., aches, or fever.

My roommate had the flu a week before I felt ill...he lost his voice and felt terrible for 5 days straight. He's still on the rebound.

Who can help out here?

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Man, both my roommate and I got sick again this week! :frowning: This time it's a cold....I bought Robitussin CF and Cold-EEZE, how bout that?

Steve Owen

Second Unit
This has been really making the rounds where I work. My wife has it too... luckily I've been spared so far...

It's been taking most people out for at least a week or so. Bad cough. Aches. Fatigue. And most people seem to have a bit of a relapse about 5-7 days into it.

I keep taking zinc, vitamin-c, and echinacea in hopes of boosting my defenses. Seems to be working so far (knocking on wood, fingers crossing, etc).

-Steve

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I've got yet another F'ing head-cold.
Last night I was in Target, the kid standing next to me just started puking all over the floor. It flowed out in a solid stream. Yeah, I ran like hell. Then, I get home, walk across the street to my neighbors. 2 of his 3 kids are puking along with his wife and he said the kid down the street is also puking.
Hope you guys get better quickly.
Here's to a puk-free weekend.
Peace Out~:D

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
In response to Ron-P's post...
EWWW
:D
...I had the flu a couple of weeks ago... I really hate being sick.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks