What's new

A Few Words About While we wait for A few words about...™ Lawrence of Arabia -- in 4k/UHD Blu-ray (6 Viewers)

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the link.

The two very fine epics mentioned here hopefully will get some respect on digital media in the future:

http://eastman.org/technicolor/technology/technirama-camera

There is also a Technicolor retrospective at the Berlinale this year:

https://www.berlinale.de/en/presse/pressemitteilungen/retrospektive/retro-presse-detail_24916.html

Apparently the Technirama process is unknown to them or seems not important enough even though it produced some of the best looking IB Tech prints ever, oh well...

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Damn. Would have been very tempting to drive up for that. That weekend is, unfortunately, out for me.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I'll be making every effort to attend. To see the Selznick studio print of A Star is Born in nitrate / Technicolor is something devoutly to be wished, and a true rarity.

RAH

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Might this be the same print that MoMA showed decades ago during a series dedicated to nitrate prints from Selznick's vault? I remember seeing it, along with Nothing Sacred, The Garden of Allah, Duel in the Sun, Portrait of Jennie, etc. A Star Is Born was truly gorgeous.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
Do they have to get a special permit and/or inspection from the fire marshal?

Anyway, I'd love to see this, but besides A Star Is Born, what are the other 8 programs?

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
They haven't posted the rest yet. (Follow the link and scroll down to where it says "view schedule".)

(In theory, I could see A Star is Born if I were to literally turn around and come back that night, somehow staying fresh as a daisy to honor a commitment the next day.. But I've done the math.)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Reed Grele said:
Do they have to get a special permit and/or inspection from the fire marshal?

Anyway, I'd love to see this, but besides A Star Is Born, what are the other 8 programs?
It's a nitrate booth.

Allansfirebird

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sean
Reed Grele said:
I wonder which draft it is? It's not a continuity script because right off the bat I noticed different dialog than what's in the finished film.

This should be a good read though.

It's close enough to the film that I think it's the final shooting draft, barring any on-set changes or rounds of revisions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks