What's new

Warner Archive Announcements Thread (17 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Have you all forgotten the Postmaster General's rules on mail delivery (or non)? He placed a lot of restrictions on postal employees.
Add the pandemic to that and you get infinite delays...
Those of us in the States are aware of those factors so I hope people won't expand on them any further that violates our posting guidelines. Furthermore, the USPS "Informed Delivery" system has been down most of the day for packages. To say the least, USPS has some serious issues that is affecting the delivery of packages throughout the country. UPS and Fed Ex has similar issues, but not to the extent of the USPS. At least, based on my recent personal experiences with each of those delivery services.

• Agreed
Reactions: PMF

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
The Warner Archive posted this update on Facebook:

A note of importance from our friends at The Araca Group who operate the wbshop.com:

Thanks for your patience during this unprecedented holiday season. Due to COVID-related staffing requirements, the Warner Archive disc manufacturer is currently shipping orders approximately 12 business days after receipt of their orders. Additionally, all major carriers including FedEx, UPS, and USPS are experiencing delays due to the huge volume of packages moving through their systems. We're doing our best to get orders to our customers as quickly as possible, and we thank you for your patience and understanding.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
ok so I need someone with knowledge, and this seems to be just about the right place to ask, the original 2 Hercules films starring Steve Reeves, were originally distributed in the US by WB, what are the chances that they could do a release?, I know Kino had the Brava film and Film Detective has one coming as well, but those pale in comparison to those first two films.

along with every other thing, that i hope gets announced, been a while since any Tarzan made another HD appearance :D

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
This was posted on the WAC Facebook page today:

64F20357-0DB1-4FF5-9148-70A5BBFF0BDF.jpeg

Reactions: PMF

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Those of us in the States are aware of those factors so I hope people won't expand on them any further that violates our posting guidelines. Furthermore, the USPS "Informed Delivery" system has been down most of the day for packages. To say the least, USPS has some serious issues that is affecting the delivery of packages throughout the country. UPS and Fed Ex has similar issues, but not to the extent of the USPS. At least, based on my recent personal experiences with each of those delivery services.
After reading the following article, I'm going to cut USPS some more slack for delaying the delivery of my new 4K player and other packages. They're in the middle of a "crap" storm that isn't all their fault. They're the victim of some extenuating circumstances beyond their control.

J. Casey

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Yeah, even Priority Mail is running late....and they pretty much guarantee 1-3 days delivery, and it's running way over that. Of course, given the circumstances, we understand. It's just a bad time for everything.

DBF

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ashley
Yeah, even Priority Mail is running late....and they pretty much guarantee 1-3 days delivery, and it's running way over that. Of course, given the circumstances, we understand. It's just a bad time for everything.

I received a package today that was shipped via 2-day Priority Mail on December 4th. I was going to place an order from a third-party seller on Amazon but they temporarily pulled their listings because of these delays. They said they have sent out First-Class Mail packages that have still not arrived after two weeks.

As long as I don't absolutely need something to arrive by a certain time, I am fine with delays. It's the possibility of packages getting lost that concerns me.

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
Apparently the following films have been restored by the Film Foundation and will be appearing on the Criterion Channel next month:

He Who Gets Slapped
Hallelujah (1929)
Hell’s Heroes (1929)

I have yet to find information verifying it, but apparently the channel also has a Film Foundation restoration of the uncut Big Sky. Mind you, I have no idea whether these films will be released through the Archive or Criterion.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Apparently the following films have been restored by the Film Foundation and will be appearing on the Criterion Channel next month:

He Who Gets Slapped
Hallelujah (1929)
Hell’s Heroes (1929)

I have yet to find information verifying it, but apparently the channel also has a Film Foundation restoration of the uncut Big Sky. Mind you, I have no idea whether these films will be released through the Archive or Criterion.
The restoration of Hell's Heroes was done back in 2007.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I placed an order on November 27, 2020 for Warner Archives 4 for $44 sale. Inquiries were ignored and it was impossible to get anyone on the phone so I sent a request to cancel the order and refund the money to my bank account. No response from them. Today I got an e-mail that it's been shipped and should arrive next week.

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
I placed an order on November 27, 2020 for Warner Archives 4 for $44 sale. Inquiries were ignored and it was impossible to get anyone on the phone so I sent a request to cancel the order and refund the money to my bank account. No response from them. Today I got an e-mail that it's been shipped and should arrive next week.

I had a very similar experience. I placed an order on 11.27. As of yesterday, my order was still unfulfilled according to their website. And that's the only place I could get ANY sort of update. No response to my e-mails and I could never get through to speak to anyone. After three and a half weeks of no follow-up, I received an e-mail today confirming my order was shipped via UPS and it's out for delivery. Hooray!

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
George Feltenstein has sadly been laid off and will be leaving the company next month. I worry about the future of the Archive after this development.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
George Feltenstein has sadly been laid off and will be leaving the company next month. I worry about the future of the Archive after this development.

Yes, this is most distressing news.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen

This really is terrible news.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks