What's new

Warner Archive Announcements Thread (8 Viewers)

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
I agree with this post, but like most of us, I am frustrated by the fact that the titles we most request are mostly being left unreleased. The fact that Shout! Factory has recently entered into an agreement with WB is encouraging, and suggests that WB is finally admitting it cannot meet the demands of collectors by itself. If they can achieve what Universal lately has -- licensing their titles out to multiple niche companies -- things are going to get way-y-y better!
Just depends on what groups they are aiming for. So far, Shout! has yet to release anything on blu that appeals to me (although they mainly focus on horror, a genre I don't care for at all). The upcoming Criterion release of King Of Jazz is probably the first "must-have" (for me, anyways, since I really like musicals from the late 20s through the 50s) Universal-owned title that I have seen not come from Universal themselves. So far, WB hasn't been licensing musicals (at least, not through Criterion yet, anyway), and until that happens (hopefully through Classicflix, if I could have my preference), I will mainly be focusing on WAC.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I didn't find any general WAC blurays thread so I'll write this here.
In the other forum someone claims that Supergirl (1984) is coming in June!
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=14838429&postcount=81
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=14841485&postcount=88

Really hope this is true and includes the director's cut too.
I know this is a bad movie, but I love it since I first saw it in my childhood!
(and it has a great Jerry Goldsmith score too)

SUPERGIRL-Poster-3.png

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I don't recall liking Supergirl when it first come out, but truthfully I don't remember it much at all. I might pick this up if it came with the DC, as I have read that it brings back scenes that are relevant and make the movie better.

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
I agree. It's far from a perfect film. But I enjoy it. Helen Slater is great in the title role and makes it worthwhile. I have the two disc set from Anchor Bay. The longer version of the film helps, but the Argo City and Phantom Zone sequences are still confusing. At least to me.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I didn't find any general WAC blurays thread so I'll write this here.
In the other forum someone claims that Supergirl (1984) is coming in June!
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=14838429&postcount=81
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=14841485&postcount=88

Really hope this is true and includes the director's cut too.
(and it has a great Jerry Goldsmith score too)

SUPERGIRL-Poster-3.png
Funny memory about this film is when it came out (I was about 7) a family friend took her daughter (about the same age as me) myself, and one other kid to the movies to see this. I must have hated it because the only thing I really remember is riding in the mom's really awesome '80 or '81 Firebird... I'd be willing to give it another chance...

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Which, riding in the awesome Firebird or watching Supergirl?

I imagine the Firebird is long gone unfortunately (plus the family moved to Colorado a couple of years later anyways) so I’ll give Supergirl another chance. No luck on the drive in either. It was a mall theater (remember those?) lol

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
WBArchive Annoucements. ....I would Love to finally see ... Day's of Wine and Roses get released. It should have been released long ago by WBArchive. ........... Ivanhoe, Knights of the Round Table, Helen of Troy, The Master of Ballantrae with Errol Flynn ! The HAMMER FILMS titles ?... I doubt it but, Just 1 and I would be HAPPY !

commander richardson

Second Unit
Real Name
martyn
Despite all its campy Faye Dunaway-esque qualities, I still kind of enjoyed it. I'll definitely buy it if on Blu-ray.
she was great in the movie but she Is now all plastic and Jerry Goldsmith's music score is phenomenal . John Williams was first choice but it clashed with his scoring schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    papill6n
    Recent bookmarks