What's new

While watching Three Stooges DVD of Cookoo Cavaliers, I am wondering, is this sort of an homage to W (1 Viewer)

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
is this sort of an homage to Wheeler & Woolsey? I watched it the other day and though I have seen it before, it just struck me like a poke in the eye, and I think the notion might have poked me before but I forgot to pursue it, that The Cuckoos and Cockeyed Cavaliers were Wheeler & Woolsey films and so was Hook, Line & Sinker which are the names the Stooges go by in the film. Now they travel south of the border in this film and open a salon. Well Wheeler & Woolsey were south of the border in The Cuckoos and Rio Rita plus the Salon kind of brings to mind the barber shop in Diplomaniacs.
I know these are all sort of common occurrences in films and comedies but it seems too much to me to be just coincidence. I think this film is a Wheeler & Woolsey homage.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks