What's new

Which Receiver (1 Viewer)

Brent Harritt

Auditioning
I am getting ready to upgrade to a Digital/DTS receiver and would like to keep the price below $500 (street price). I will be keeping my existing speakers which are as follows:

Center Speaker Polk-Audio CS350LS

Side Speakers Polk-Audio RT16

Rear Speakers Polk-Audio M3

Sub Woofer Klipsch SW10

I also need a phono input (I am not yet ready to give up my vinyl collection yet) and S-video switching (to hold me until I get HDTV, current TV only has one S-video input). My use would be about 60% TV/Movie 40% Music

Thanks in Advance.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Welcome to the forum Brent.

Have you went & checked out any receivers locally. I would do that first, find out what YOU like and then maybe ask back here. They also have a powerful search feature on this board. I usually search a few words & have it search topics only. I can usually find several posts on the subject I'm looking for.

A few months ago I bought my first 'receiver' I researched for at least 2 months. I ended up buying an entry level receiver, a Denon AVR1602. Its got the features I was looking for and it definitely has enough power for me. And for $300 bucks it was a cheap ticket in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BioProf
Recent bookmarks