Which preamp would you buy?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bordeaux, Sep 29, 2002.

1. Bordeaux

Bordeaux Auditioning

I have just bought a b&k 5 channel amp,I have b&w cdm9,cnt,snt, and velodyne sub. I want to sell my Yamaha 2095 receiver and purchase a pre/pro. Which would you choose,b&k ref 30,parasound 2500avu,rotel 1066,lexicon dc2, sunfire theater grand II? I do need a phono input and a tuner is nice. What are the pro's & con's ? Limit of about $1600 new or used. I also plan on using jps ultraconductors for i/c and speaker cables. Thanks for all your input, Bordeaux[​IMG]

2. Rob Rodier

Rob Rodier Supporting Actor

You might want to consider the Proceed PAV/PDMD. Proceed has dropped both of them and prices on the used market have fallen through the floor. I have seen the combo go for as little as $1000. I think it is still close to state of the art(7.1,dts etc, etc- check to be sure!), there is just not going to be any additional upgrades. You should look into it. There is NOTHING that will touch it in terms of performance for anywhere near the money, some would even say that the $30k #40 is the only step up.

That is at least what I would do.

-rob

3. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

4. AVspec

AVspec Supporting Actor

Mark
    B&K Ref 50.... well maybe, will let you know as soon as I get one and run it through it's paces....