which one to buy????

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Nir, Jun 28, 2003.

1. Nir

Nir Auditioning

i need a replacement for my good old onkyo595 which was and still is a great receiver. but its time to move forward to other things. i keep looking and looking at reviews and more reviews and im still dazzeld and confused.
    how can i possibly know which to buy?
    the denon is great, the yamaha , the onkyo, harman-kardon , they are all good.
    which one [specific model please] will really give me a push forward for quality, innovation, and depth.
    help...
    Nir..

2. mofet_n

mofet_n Extra

Hello Nir (PS: my name is also Nir). I would go for the Hk. I went for the hk 325 (1450 can), since it was a 7.1. The 225 is a 5.1, which is good. The power rating is about the same for both, not a big deal between them. Yamaha is great, and so is onkyo, but hk has a very nice sound to it and is loud enough and clear sounding, perfect for a good HT. If you've got the kessef, go for the 525. All hk are quality receivers.

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Simply establish a budget and examine all the units that fall within your price range. Select the one that has the processing features and power output you require/prefer. When you've narrowed your selection down, ask for user feedback here regarding specific models.