What's new

Which one: Hitachi 53UDX10B or Sony KP51HW40?? (1 Viewer)

Matthew Perry

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone have any input, even though we are comparing 4:3 set to a 16:9 set, which would be a better buy and should I stay away from the Sony?

The two sets I looked at tonight were the Hitachi 53UDX10B and the Sony KP51HW40. I finally settled on the 53UDX10B however I can still have my mind changed very easily as it was a hard decision.

I may have been missing something though, it seemed as though the digital feed on the Sony had enough noise I could notice it from 5 feet away and I could not see a spec of noise in the Hitachi. The sales guy said it was probably the feed they had running to that set.

Any input would be greatly appreciated as I have time to switch and would be willing to if the other set is a better buy.

Thanks a lot

Matt

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Matthew, the Hitachi is the set to get. In a recent test of HD ready projectors, the 53UDX10B was one ofonly two projectors that exelled with standard defiinition material. The other is the Pioneer 533, a wide-screen.
It will be years before most material is HD quality, and according to the test, all the sets looked great with HD or DVD. So if I was buying now, it would be the Hitachi. It lists for $2,500 and you should be able to get at least 10% off when Sears has their 10% off everything sale.
The Pioneer lists for $3,500. That would make the choice real easy for me.
I have had a bad personal experience with Sony TV and know others who have also sworn off the brand. If you really want a Sony, make sure you get a good, long, extended warranty.
Hope this helps.
Artie

Matthew Perry

Stunt Coordinator
Arthur

Thanks for the response. I broke down and went and bought the Hitachi 53UDX10B on Monday, I should be getting it early next week.

Matt

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Matthew

I would love to hear how the set performs for you. Maybe you could update this thread when you have things set up.

Thanks

Artie

Matthew Perry

Stunt Coordinator
Arthur
Will do as soon as I get it setup, The theater is being drywalled tomorrow so we are not too far away now from the first movie :).
Regards,
Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks