What's new

Where to get Capcom fighting games for DC? (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Hi All,

I gotta admit, a new DC for $50 from Best Buy is really intriguing me, especially with the sale on controllers, accessories and games.

The one thing that would cement this deal for me would be the Capcom fighting games, like Street Fighter and the VS. series. But the local stores don't carry them. Anyone know of a good place to get these games?

Thanks!

Peter Rohlfs

Second Unit
Real Name
Peter Rohlfs
buyrite.net has alot of them in their used section. They also have some imports (I believe thy have instruction there on how to play and what is needed).

I have used them in the past, service is good, but shipping tends to be on the high side.

Peter

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
QUOTE OF PRIOR POST REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR DUE TO THE ISSUE INVOLVED. THE STATEMENT BELOW REMAINS
The smiley doesn't cut it, Bert. Support the developer: Capcom have all of their fighting games for sale via their website, Capcom USA. Everything but Marvel vs Capcom 2 is $19.99.
Just cause the DC's cheap, doesn't mean you should pirate its games.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Sweet! Don't worry Brian, I don't support piracy either. Why didn't I think to look at the company's site? Okay, I'm going to go ahead and take the plunge...unless I find a GCN in the next day or two, that is. ;)

Barry S

Stunt Coordinator
I gotta admit, a new DC for $50 from Best Buy is really intriguing me, especially with the sale on controllers, accessories and games.
Go for it! I got a brand new Dreamcast, 7 games, 2 VMUs and an extra controller for less than the cost of a GameCube by itself. This offer is too good to pass up. Dreamcast is a great game system that is worth far more than you'll pay for it. Plus, you can find tons of DC games for less than $20. Some of the more recent games are around $39.99 though, such as Sonic Adventure 2 and Crazy Taxi 2. Circuit City had Resident Evil: Code Veronica for $49.99!!

I haven't played any of Capcom's fighting games, but I would recommend picking up Soul Calibur, probably the best fighter on the Dreamcast. Dead or Alive 2 is supposed to be pretty good too. I think Capcom makes that one.

Peter Rohlfs

Second Unit
Real Name
Peter Rohlfs
IMHO Soul Calibur is the best game on DC. A must get.

DOA2 is from a seperate company than Nmaco or Capcom.

It is a very goo and good looking fughter. The biggest downside is nothing to unlock. This was rectified in the PS2 version, DOA2 Hardcore. The original DOA on the PS1 was

known for it's over the top animation of the female characters and the sexy costumes you could unlock (including french maid uniforms). DOA2 downplayed this, and Hardcore has extra costumes but it is toned down from the original.

DOA fighting is diffrent from Capcom and Namco for having a counter system. If you bvelieve you know where an attack will come, you can brace yourself in a way to catch the attack and turn it against them.

DOA3 is the only fighter on Xbox. It is supposed tobe an XBox exclusive, but of course there are ways around that. DOA3 Hardcore??

Peter

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Some of the more recent games are around $39.99 though, such as Sonic Adventure 2 and Crazy Taxi 2
Not if you hunt around. Sonic Adventure 2 is going for $20 in Target's DC clearance. Crazy Taxi 2 has had a price drop to $20 in Toys R Us & Best Buy (locally at least).
You think Code Veronica for $49 is funny? FYE here has Rainbox Six for $57 ;)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I have an extra Soul Calibur that I got by accident. Its unopened and if anyone wants it, just IM me or something. I would like to sell it for a price between $5 and $50.

Darren Davis

Stunt Coordinator
at that price you should go and buy the DC. I got mine for $100 and then a few games and I couldn't be happier. I really think this system was highly underrated.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Well, unfortunately I was up north and the only BB near my parents' house did not have any DCs! :angry:
Well, it looks like I'm just going to have to take that $130 I had earmarked for a DC + controller + VMU + a couple of games and apply it to the official Carlo Medina GameCube Fund.
Maybe after Christmas...

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
You can still buy the DC console through the bestbuy.com website. Also, the dvdpricesearch guys have a new site, Link Removed - so finally there is a game pricing site that will be up to date and stick around!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Ah crap, Michael you had to point that out! :D
I have to admit, if I surf the web and am able to obtain a few of the games I want, I'm going to have to put down the $50 for this thing.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Something else to keep in mind is the EB brick-and-mortar locations.

For example, F355 (what a GREAT simulation!) is no longer available through ebworld.com and you can't get it elsewhere online for less than 30 bucks plus shipping. However, many brick-and-mortar EB locations still have a copy or two left for $15, new! There are likely other games in the same situation.

Stuff like this may disappear quick.

If anybody finds a deal on Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2, let me know!

erik bush

Agent
my local software etc has (at least they did as of last week) tokyo xtreme racer 2 for 20 bucks. i picked up soul calibur and doa2 from them.

~erik

erik bush

Agent
oh. and definately pick up an arcade stick if you like fighting games (especially capcom games). it's a must have.

~erik

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks