What's new

Where to find inkjet printable CD-Rs? (1 Viewer)

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Does anyone know of a retail store that sells inkjet printable CDRs? I've tried calling OfficeMax, Office Depot, CompUSA, Best Buy, Circuit City, and Walmart. Zip. (I'm in San Antonio, Texas.)

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I don't understand the question. How can you print a CD? Do you mean CD labels?

Howie D

Stunt Coordinator
I was in the same situation as you but for my work. Unfortunately, I have not found any retail location that sells them. I always have to order them in advance from cdw.com.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
You should be able to put blank labels on them and them print as normal! .. No?

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
I know you said retail store, but short of that, why not just order them from the link you provided ? you could probably have them in a couple days.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
I picked up my new printer today from a retail store and wanted to pick up some discs too to try it out tonight. I also wanted to order some thinpaks from genesysdtp, but they're out of stock on the clear ones. I was going to order those plus the printable CD-Rs at the same time.

I'm considering running a regular CD-R through the printer to see what it does in the meantime...

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
Don't run a regular CD through -- that'll be a mess.

Fuji make excellent inkjet printable CD-Rs. You should be able to get them at any photo retailer that stocks Fuji products. Office chains probably won't have them. Electronics retailers might, but photo places should be able to get them quite easily.

If you're having trouble, I can give you the catalogue numbers. I stock them, but seeing as how my store is in Canada, I ain't gonna be much help to you in Texas. ;)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
I'm considering running a regular CD-R through the printer to see what it does in the meantime...
don't do that. the ink will smear and probably make a mess of your printer.

ask a mod to move this to the pc forum. i know there is at least one guy there (can't remember who though) who has done this too.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Never thought of looking at a photo store. Thanks for the tip. I'm afraid if I go into one, though, I'll have to walk out with a Canon 10D digital SLR. :)

I'll definitely wait until I get some inkjet printable CDs and run one of those through.

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
See, the trick is to go in with just enough to cover the CDs in your pocket in cash, with all of your credit cards hiding far enough away in a difficult to access place so you don't have to worry.

I made the awful mistake of walking into B&H in New York with my credit card in my pocket. I came out with the then brand-new 75mm f2.8 AL for the Pentax 67. What a gorgeous lens! But I was poorer by $750 USD that I really didn't have to spend.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks