What's new

Where to buy receiver? (1 Viewer)

Eric Bellavance

Auditioning
Hi,

New to this forum and found very usefull post. I have read all the post for the newbie as suggested.

Now, I'm ready to buy :))

I'm in Canada (Quebec). Presently, I just looked for HK receiver. I found a big difference in price from Canada to compare to US (about 400$CA for the avr230). It's seem to be cheaper for me to order online from US reseller than buying at FutureShop.

I would like to know if some canadian member have purchased receiver from US? If it really a good deal? What about the warranty? All experience will be appreciate.

Best regards,

Eric Bellavance

Bertrand-R

Agent
Salut Éric
Pour ma part je vais acheter un Yamaha RX-V1400 et si je l'achète au US je sauverais $612 can. Il me couterais $888 can (tout inclus: transport, taxe, douane et échange de l'argent)au lieu de $1500, toute une économie!! Sauf qu'il n'aurait pas de garantie valide au Canada.
Tu peut aller voir sur le site de etronics.com pour plus de renseignements.

je n'ai pas encore acheter mais c"est pour bientot.

Bertrand

Drew_W

Screenwriter
Even though some of us on this board do speak French, can I please )humbly) ask that for those who don't we post only in English please? Thanks.

Anyways, like Bertrand said, the problem is that buying from the US never gets you a valid warranty. There are certain products (like Pioneer Elite) that aren't even allowed to be sold online, even by authorized dealers. You should inquire through the respective manufacturer about whether purchasing from an authorized retailer in the US will enable you to ship the product back to the US and get warranty service there should you require it.

Unfortunately, and this is the case especially with H/K, the wholesale prices here are more or less the US prices converted. Etronics.com is a good place to buy since they use Borderfree from Canada Post; you could also check out Ecost.com...they sell Denon refurbs for VERY good prices...

Essentially...good deals in the US, but you lose the warranty...

Eric Bellavance

Auditioning
Thank's for feedback,

I will write to H/K to know if I can ship receiver if I buy from an Online authorized dealer. Otherwise, I also can ask a friend of mine to purchase the receiver in a NY store, since he travel from MTL to NY each week. I hope it's rare to have to return a H/K receiver?

Eric Bellavance

Drew_W

Screenwriter
I see no reason to have to return a receiver, if you're sure it's the right one for your needs. An authorized dealer may ship it to you (NOTE: harmanaudio.com does NOT ship to Canada), but that doesn't mean anything for the warranty.

But if you do buy from NYC, JandR is a great place (I hear, great website too). They will pricematch any other authorized dealer.

Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks