Where to buy Monster Power HTS5000?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Stieglitz, Jul 25, 2001.

1. Scott Stieglitz

Scott Stieglitz Auditioning

I've decided that I'm going to buy the HTS5000, so now I need to find a good deal on it because I definitely do not want to pay MSRP ($600) for it. Anyone know where I can get a good deal on one of these?

2. Roger Clark

Roger Clark Stunt Coordinator

3. Kevin_W

Kevin_W Second Unit

As a matter of fact Scott, I bought my HTS3500 from Mick - the same dealer Roger linked to above. He's got really fair prices and is a good Ebay dealer.
    Kevin
    ------------------
    rumblewood | DVD Collection

4. PomingF

PomingF Second Unit

There is a dealer at Audiogon also selling Monster stuff at good discounts, may be it's the smae guy. [​IMG]
    PF

5. Steve Schick

Steve Schick Stunt Coordinator

People, I have right now sitting in my cube at work the HTS5000 that I bought from Mick on EBay for $360 (+$30 shipping).
    (I had it delivered to my work address as I don't like items like this sitting on my front porch for 8 hours)
    He had it for auction, but the BuyItNow for the auction was $360 and the bidding was already up to $300. And seeing that this goes for $500 at BestBuy or Crutchfield I thought what the hell and got it.
    ------------------
    You liked the movie? ......Try it on a nine foot screen.

6. Jack

Jack Agent

Hi, What exactly is the benefit of this equipment??
    Thanks
    Jack

7. Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman Cinematographer

It's a surge protector and a power conditioner. It also has high current plug ins for outboard amps.
    Too bad they don't have a true 20 amp model, especially for high current amplifiers.
    Dan

8. Paul Gere

Paul Gere Second Unit

Be careful buying from Mick. He just refused a request to return a Monster HTS-3500. If you buy, be prepared to keep -OR- sell on your own!!

9. Mike OConnell

Mike OConnell Second Unit

Mike
    Trywww.globalmart.com/computer/surge/monstercable/MP-HTS5000.htm they have the HTS-5000 for $370 + shipping and a 20-day satisfaction guarantee.
    I plan on trying them after I get back from vacation (20-day satisfaction guarantee would be over before I got a chance to try the unit out!).
    Mike
    [Edited last by Mike O'Connell on July 25, 2001 at 10:52 PM]

10. Brett_V

Brett_V Extra

I bought one from electronasaurus.com for around $350 I think. The first one showed up dead out of the box. I was worried because I didn't try to hook it up until 3 months after the unit arrived(theater construction delays). Anyway, I emailed them and explained the situation, and they were great! Gave me an RMA#, and said no problem. They said, " you could send it back to monster since its still under warranty, but it'll be a lot easier if you just send it back to us and we'll send you another." !!! CAN YOU FRIGGIN BELIEVE THAT!! I couldn't either but, they did and made good on their offer. The unit works like a champ and looks awesome in the rack.
    I am a very satisfied customer..