What's new

Where to buy 40 ft. audio + video cables? (1 Viewer)

Ken U

Auditioning
Real Name
Ken
Can someone direct me to where I can purchase 40 ft. s-video, regular video, coaxial, rca-type(red-white) audio cables cheap?

These are for my 15 year old son's room (TV, DVD, VCR), placing behind dresser, bed, desk, etc., so I'm not looking to get a 2nd mortgage to pay for these long cables. ;-)

Thanks,

Ken

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Ken,
Wow, this must be a pretty big bedroom! :)
I doubt you will find anything pre-fabricated at this length with RCA ends. The only thing off-the-shelf that I know of at these lengths is microphone cables, but even those would pose problems if you’re running through an attic and dropping in-wall. Not to mention, you would have to get adapters at both ends.
Perhaps with more details it would be easier to make a recommendation.
Happy Holidays,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
The best source I've found for oddball cables is www.markertek.com.
Markertek is a company that provides equipment to the TV and film industries, as well as to consumers. They have just about every type of pre-made cable you could want and they will also custom build cables for you in any length. Markertek uses top-quality Belden and Canare cable, which you'll probably want for such long runs.
I checked the mini-catalog I have handy and found a 50-foot pre-made s-video cable for $67 (part number P/SV4-50). Fifty-foot stereo RCA cables are $42 (part number P/2P-2P-50).
I didn't go over the catalog completely, so they may have stuff cheaper.
You can call Markertek at (800)522-2025. You can also go to the Web site listed above and request their big catalog, which they will send to you for free by second-day UPS Air.

Ken U

Auditioning
Real Name
Ken
Thanks, guys for your replies.

Ken, you're the greatest! I just got off the phone w/Markertek and they're sending me everything I need. I really appreciate your taking the time of looking up your own catalogue for me and replying to my post. Thank you very much!!!

I don't know what I've would've done w/o your help, except have less hair on my head.

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
Hey, glad I could help out another Ken! HTF is a great place to come for this sort of information.

I had that Markertek catalog handy because I just got done ordering a digital coax cable to go with the new Onkyo receiver that I'm getting for Christmas. I've dog-eared the cable pages pretty severely over the last few days!

Markertek sells great stuff and the catalog is a lot of fun to flip through. UPS tried to deliver their big catalog yesterday, but I wasn't home. I can hardly wait to look through in tonight when I get home from work.

J

John Morris

S-Video - Mogami

Composite Video - RG6QS with F connectors and F to RCA adapters

RCA cables - bulk cable and DIY from Parts Express or Markertek

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
You can go to www.milestek.com and they will make up what you want. 'S' cables are $12 plus $0.50 ft. Video grade RCAs are $12 plus $0.20 ft. If you have an extremely long 'S' connection you could get RCAs (or they sell BNC cables too at the same price and get their 'S' video breakout adapters which are $52/pair that turn 2 RCAs into an 'S.'

Tom Tubbiola

Stunt Coordinator
I need new speaker wires for my system and was looking at Markertek's 14 gauge professional speaker wires. I can have them put Banana Plus on the ends and I'm done. My question is, how do these compare with, say, Monster Cable? Also, are all Banana Plugs the same size (I have a Denon 3802 and Klipsch speakers)?

Thanks,

Tom

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
Tom,

I can't answer your question about comparing one brand of speaker wire to another, other than to say that "traditional" Monster cable is 12 gauge, not 14. I do know that Monster makes smaller gauges of wire though.

As for the banana plug question, all of the banana plugs I've ever seen are the same size. However, there are dual banana plugs that have both the positive and negative leads in one plug. Not all receivers will acommodate these dual plugs. Some look like they will, but the positive and negative jacks are actually just a little too far apart or close together. Check your Denon owner's manual to see if it will handle dual plugs.

Tom Tubbiola

Stunt Coordinator
Actually I didn't realize that Banana Plugs came in singles. I used to do a lot of Live Sound Engineering and all of our speaker runs used Dual Banana Plugs.

Tom

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
I know this question has already been answered, but just for future reference, www.a2zcables.com has a 50 ft, el-cheapo set of RCA A/V cables for $24.95. They are a great source for long cable runs of any kind..computer cables included.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks