What's new

Where is Van Morrison on DVDA??? (1 Viewer)

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Where is the long rumoured Moondance album on DVDA?

With the recent confirmation of Van on Super Audio, it seems the only hi-rez Van will be Super Audio.

Also, the rest of the Neil Young catalog was promised but we have only Harvest, what about the other titles?

Does anyone have any information about these release?

Van Morrison is one of my favorite artists...

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
You'll have to ask WB/Rhino that question.
As has been pointed out, artist involvement is a priority for WB/Rhino as are multi-channel releases
As such it takes a bit longer to release a multi-channel project than a stereo project.
It's the same place as all the other hi-res titles on both formats that have been announced but not released, in production.
Regards,

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if Van Morrison is coordinating the release of his titles on both Hi-res formats. Maybe we wil be lucky and get him on both SACD and DVD-A right around the same time. Another possibility is Warner knew the SACD were in the pipeline and decided to hold off their release until the SACD came out, knowing Moondance will greatly outsell the SACD titles. Of course this is all speculation, and we might not see the DVD-A until later in the coming year if at all.

I wish more Neil Young as well as Paul Simon would make its way to DVD-A. Graceland has been a rumored title for the longest time.

J

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
I guess I am finally getting through to Justin...
Let's not get too carried away:)
I really do enjoy Hybrid SACD, and for me personally it usually is a better choice as I do alot of listening in my car as well as at home. What I don't go for is single layer SACD where at that point DVD-A makes more sense to me. If I am going to be confined to the home environment for my music, I like the bonus features provided on many DVD-A and the multichannel versatility. I can take my DVD-A discs over to my girlfriend's place and still enjoy them in DD or DTS, whereas single layer SACD always locks me into the home environment. If Sony puts out a car SACD/DVD-V player, giving me access to both SACD and DVD-A in a mobile environment, my opinion may change though :)
J

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I'm with Justin. Let's have more Paul Simon on DVD-Audio. On the other hand, wouldn't it be nice if Sony would release some Simon & Garfunkel on SACD? What is Sony waiting for?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks