1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Where can I get a cheap AMP for back channel?.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by scott_tinari, Oct 11, 2001.

1. scott_tinari

scott_tinari Stunt Coordinator

Where can I get a cheap amp to power my back channel. I have a Pionner Elite VSX 35 reciever. Iam looking to spend between 100-150 dollars. Thanks and I dont wanna get one online either. Online is not an option. thanks

2. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Have you looked at used stereo (2-ch) amps? Some local audio stores have a section for used gear. Perhaps you might find something hidden in there that fits your bill. Or check out the Hardware For Sale/trade section in this forum for possible sellers if that doesn't fall under "not online" for you..
    Jay
    ------------------
    HUGBEES! My Equipment List
    Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
    Wanna help?

3. derek

derek Second Unit

4. Nathan Hamstra

I definitely third the used receiver with main-in's suggestion. You aren't going to find a decent standalone amp used for under 150, pure and simple.

5. Alex F.

Alex F. Second Unit

A cheap receiver or integrated amp, either new or used, is the least costly solution. Use the auxiliary or any line-level input and take advantage of the tone controls, which could prove useful for reducing rear-wall boundary effects, for example.