What's new

Where can I buy a good 25ft. S-Video cable for cheap? (1 Viewer)

Don Black

Screenwriter
I checked out BetterCables.com but found their pricing to be too high. Anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks!

John-D

Stunt Coordinator
Your nearest Best Buy will have a Recoton 25ft S-VHS cable. Surprisingly that's the only length that's usually available at my Best Buy. All others are always sold out.
... maybe they want us to buy the higher margin Monster.. yeah... sure i'll buy that!
angry.gif

------------------
The things we own end up owning us

J

John Coleman

Don,
I work for a premium audio and video cable company, Cobalt Cable, and I think I can give you some practical advice. For a 25' run, I would definitely suggest using a better than average cable. Less expensive s-video cables can be very lossy (especially in anything over 20'), which could definitely hurt your performance.
Having said that, I would suggest working with Jim over at avcable.com (http://www.avcable.com). They make professional-grade audio and video cables, but their prices are very reasonable. Also, I know that he has tested his s-video cables at 50 foot lengths with no signs of signal degradation (pretty impressive, if you ask me). We do a lot of things with them, and the service we have received has always been spectacular. Their 25' s-video cable is $35.35. If you would like any more information regarding cables or connections, please feel free to e-mail me privately. I hope this helps you out.
[Edited last by John Coleman on July 27, 2001 at 09:53 AM]

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Well there's always the "AR" cables sold viawww.partsexpress.com . They are of pretty good quality - I use them. They also sell real cheapies that aren't too bad.
------------------
Feline audience members Katie, Susie, Fluffy Pumpkin, and Naughty Tuxedo
[Edited last by Dennis Nicholls on July 27, 2001 at 11:30 AM]

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
I think you'd be ok with most any brand. I've got a 25 footer in my system from Pheonix Gold I think and it performs just as well as my 1 meter AR and Monster cables. I see absolutley no difference.
As for where to get them on the cheap....that's something that I'd like to know too. I knew of a site that sold stuff like that extremely cheap, but they seem to have gone under (big suprise).
PartsExpress is a pretty good source, but their prices are lacking sometimes, as well as a complete selection of lengths.
That's probably as good as you're going to get though.
================================================== ========
OK, I retract most of my post. I got to searching around for the site I mentioned and it seems that they've just relocated without posting the new URL on their old server.
Tryhttp://emptronics.store.yahoo.com/index.html and poke around there. You should find something that'll work for you there.
[Edited last by Mike LS on July 27, 2001 at 12:29 PM]

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Try Link Removed . They have an AR Pro Series 25' S-Video cable for $25.99. I've purchased many cables from them and have always gotten great service.

Don Black

Screenwriter
What about signal degradation? Is a 25ft. cable going to really hurt my video quality? Thanks for everyone's input.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks